RTR Drift vs grip

stangaholic280

Established Member
Cool. Obviously drifting isn't the optimal road racing strategy even with new technology. The grip car was just dying to pass every single corner.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
The road racer was checking up quite a bit! Cool vid though!

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Looks real cool to have both of them on the track at the same time, but I was definitely rooting for the road racer the whole time. I just like stickin' em and going fast, I guess. :shrug:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Surely people didn't actually think drifting would get you around a track in comparable time to racing did they? You've got to be ****ing joking.

This was an excuse by Vaughn to get out and have fun while promoting his sport.

And... it was AWESOME!! Nice vid.

02 Min Grey GT

Established Member
They need to just call that what it was, and that's a show. There is no way the drift car keeps up with a road race car. Did the video claim that both Mustangs made in the 420hp range?

I found this article title:

Vaughn Gittin Jr. reveals 800 Horsepower 2013 Monster Energy Falken Tire Mustang

It states:

"Just in time for the 2012 Formula Drift season opener Vaughn Gittin Jr. reveals his new race car, the 2013 Monster Energy Falken Tire Ford Mustang powered by an 800 horsepower 6.7-liter V8. The 410-cubic-inch racing engine was built by Ford Racing and Roush Yates who as many of you know have ties to NASCAR."

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I think they both had similar setups for the video..... at the same time I think if the drift car in the vid wasn't drifting it would have beat the track car.

texaswrx

Established Member
He said multiple times, "and just having fun". Some people get so butt hurt. Do you really think it was anything more that that? Great video.

Users who are viewing this thread