RR pulley or 8 rib?

mrxr250rider

Established Member
belt slip issues on my setup below. dont wanna spend the money for 8 rib but belt slip seems to be a common issue with my setup. could try cranking the belt tighter.

anyone have good success with an 6 rib setup? or should i just bite the bullet and do 8 rib. thanks

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
how bad is it slipping?

A larger 6 rib crank pulley with a larger blower pulley could be a possibility as well

mrxr250rider

Established Member
how bad is it slipping?

A larger 6 rib crank pulley with a larger blower pulley could be a possibility as well

id rather stick with the same belt(since its new) unless i go 8 rib.

it was once tuned for 15psi so ill try cranking it tighter first. if it helps but doesnt completly fix it then ill try an RR pulley.

but its slipping pretty bad 10-12 psi instead of 15. the new belt is a little looser than the old misaligned belt which also made 10-12 psi.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
RR shreds belts on Vortech's all the time.. My buddy went through like 5 in a 2 months.. My other buddy went through 1 almost after every pass.. and the belts were aligned perfectly.. Go with a 8 rib

stangbanger856

Established Member
Well I run a RR pulley on mine... belt is in perfect shape which has been on since I installed the pulley last year. I uave about 1000 miles on it and lots of high RPM runs without an issue.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well I run a RR pulley on mine... belt is in perfect shape which has been on since I installed the pulley last year. I uave about 1000 miles on it and lots of high RPM runs without an issue.

Interesting.. Well that's good that you have no issues man!! :beer:

Shaunk

Established Member
We have quite a few customers running the rr pulley's with no major issues. They do wear the belt a little faster than a normal pulley but it's not major.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
House of Boost dedicated blower brackets. Runs a seperate belt. I know they make one for Procharger blowers, they might make one for a Vortech.

Users who are viewing this thread