Rpms drop too quickly/car bucking a lot

CallMeWonder

Established Member
So I bought an '03 cobra with a tvs on it tuned on 93 octane. It ran perfect and the rpm decay rate was perfect, it felt stock.

We have 92 octane here so I had it retuned just to be safe and the rpms were dropping ridiculously fast. I couldnt even rev match upshifts and I was shifting as fast as I humanly could. Also when cruising, if you let off the throttle the car bucks a lot. I know you get some bucking even under stock parameters but its pretty rough in this. Even in 6th gear at 70 80mph.

So I took it back and he slowed the decay rate by 15% and the rpms still drop way quicker than stock and its getting annoying that Im going to have to call, make an appointment for 2 weeks out drive back and still be unsure that it'll be solved.

I was wondering does anyone familiar with tuning know what the 'correct' or stock parameter for the dashpot decay is so he can just punch that in there? Or does it even work like that? Can he look at my old tune that I bought the car with and use that parameter? That one worked just like stock. Appreciate any help someone can provide

Users who are viewing this thread