rpmoutlet boost bypass

gunslinger

Established Member
has anyone tried the way rpmoutlet tells you how to do the boost bypass. does it work and do u have to disconnect battery to reset computer

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Tried it. Didnt notice anything. Back to stock now, but have the chip do the same thing.:beer:

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
I have it done, Time in sig. was bone stock with f1's and boost bypass.:shrug: I don't know how much it helped but the boost seams like it comes on quicker & does not fall off like before.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by HectorCobra03
won't unpluging the connector to the bypass turn the check engine ligth on?

It never did on mine. I now have a KB and don't even have the bypass equipment on my car anymore and the plug is just disconnected and taped up.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by gunslinger
does disconecting the plug give the same affect as the way rpmoutlets method?

Yes as the boost dump is regulated by the PCM and if the PCM is not connected it can't dump. If you do this bypass and hit the rev-limit you will really piss off your car. It will drive like sh*t for several miles as the PCM will try to retard the performance driving. At least it did on my car.

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
I did this yesterday and the boost comes in quicker and feels alot better.Seems like it added about 20fts down low!!!

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Yes as the boost dump is regulated by the PCM and if the PCM is not connected it can't dump. If you do this bypass and hit the rev-limit you will really piss off your car. It will drive like sh*t for several miles as the PCM will try to retard the performance driving. At least it did on my car.

Yep...happened to me too. I ended up disconnecting the battery.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Is it really worth it? Do anything?http://www.rpmoutlet.com/boost bypassc.htm I'll have to read up on it some more. Also do you need thses parts? Have'nt really read the whole article yet. Thought it said free.

The purpose of a "Boost Bypass Modification" is to supply continuous boost from your supercharger when engine is under maximum boost limits set by the factory. When acceleration exceeds factory limits (8 psi).

With our boost bypass modification, you will now be able to keep your boost at the maximum level when under WOT usage. The term “boost bypass” is a bit misleading by all those dealers advertising this kit for a price. Its true name should be, WOT bypass eliminator kit . . . This modification does not effect normal engine operation and is designed for modifying boost bypass at WOT only. (WOT= wide open throttle)

Parts needed to bypass boost:

Vacuum Line
NONE
Vacuum T-fitting connecter
NONE
Vacuum elbow fitting
NONE
Vacuum boot cap
NONE

:??: Need these?????

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
LCCOBRA RPMoutlet obviously has no idea what they are talking about. The boost bypass mode does not regulate the WOT boost to 8psi as several people have smaller then stock pulleys and run significantly higher then 8psi with the boost bypass connected. What the boost bypass does do is prevent the PCM from pulling boost when you hit the rev-limiter and shift. The PCM dumps boost when you hit the rev-limiter for obvious reasons which is a good thing as far as I am concerned. The problem is it also pulls boost when you shift this is to prevent transmission failures. The 03 Cobra is not the first car they did this to I believe most Ford vehicles including mustangs have the timing pulled between shifts for the same reason. That is why some report the following.

Originally posted by vetkilr
I did this yesterday and the boost comes in quicker and feels alot better.Seems like it added about 20fts down low!!!

After the boost dump is bypassed you are no longer dumping boost between gears.

I highly suggest you just disconnect the plug as tapping the line is invasive and asking for problems with leaks and the lines blowing off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread