Rpm

kenn

Question...If you dont know maybe you could try this and report back.
Driving the N/A MM at any speed...Put it in neutral and rev it up....Only revs to about 4500 rpms before it starts choking and gagging. Wind it up tight while in any gear and she will red line without a single problem.
This normal??:shrug:
Thanks in advance.

kenn

Thanks
could be the case. Funny I never revved it up like that in all the years.
Might be the way it always was.
Put a call into Lidio. Wish he had a 1 900 number. would gladly pay 6 bucks a minute to get his input.

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
You are correct! Do you have an aftermarket tune? The stock is 5k rpm for neutral and 6,350 rpm for D. I set mine in SCT PRP for 4,600 in N and 7,000 for D (forged internals mind you). 4,600 jic for some unknown reason the throttle is opened up in N. I think all modern cars have a neutral limiter now. So grandma going through the carwash doesn't come out the end with her foot to the floor...

musclemerc

Established Member
If the perameters in your Xcal are unlocked you can change it yourself.

Have you checked?

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
Hey again! You're right, he can change it and I don't mean to go against the grain, but, why in the hell would you want your engine to rev over 4+k in neutral anyway? To scare chebbies at stop lights? :banana: That's ok I suppose!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Question...If you dont know maybe you could try this and report back.
Driving the N/A MM at any speed...Put it in neutral and rev it up....Only revs to about 4500 rpms before it starts choking and gagging. Wind it up tight while in any gear and she will red line without a single problem.
This normal??:shrug:
Thanks in advance.

In park or neutral, it has a rev limiter... this is normal.... Its so you don't sit there redlining your engine like a dumbass

Hey again! You're right, he can change it and I don't mean to go against the grain, but, why in the hell would you want your engine to rev over 4+k in neutral anyway? To scare chebbies at stop lights? :banana: That's ok I suppose!

Its so you could impress the ladies at the stop lights, duh.... :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread