RPM Roll Bar *Pics inside*

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Just now getting time to upload and post some pics of my RPM roll bar. Ordered through Van @ Revan Racing back when there was a sale on the bar's with a free 6 point upgrade. Opted for mild steel (this thing is really not heavy at all but if you have the extra dough to pony up for the chromoly steel, have at it!), with a satin black finish. I drove down to RPM and picked up myself. Must say, Tim and the other guys at RPM are top notch! Tim also hooked me up with a set of used 325/50-15 M&H's for my troubles :banana: :beer:

The install is very very simple. So far i've only gotten the main hoop in and will be doing the door bars sometime in the near future when i get some free time. Main hoop took only the better half of a morning to do.

After wrapping it up, i mounted my GoPro and added some SFI padding. I will probably be changing the padding in the future to something a little more attractive, but for the time being, i don't wanna crack my skull on it in case some drunk driver decides to drive through me.

Snapped these pics last week while on duty for 24hr's, sun was going down and decided to share a bit of it's glare with you, ha.

DSCN1297.jpg

DSCN1298.jpg

DSCN1299.jpg

DSCN1300.jpg

DSCN1301.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

DSCN1303.jpg

DSCN1304.jpg

Last edited:

fknsmshn

Established Member
After looking at your sig, I recognized your car. I did some photography at PR for the 2011 season. Nice lookin car you have there.

Van@RevanRacing

Just now getting time to upload and post some pics of my RPM roll bar. Ordered through Van @ Revan Racing back when there was a sale on the bar's with a free 6 point upgrade. Opted for mild steel (this thing is really not heavy at all but if you have the extra dough to pony up for the chromoly steel, have at it!), with a satin black finish. I drove down to RPM and picked up myself. Must say, Tim and the other guys at RPM are top notch! Tim also hooked me up with a set of used 325/50-15 M&H's for my troubles :banana: :beer:

The install is very very simple. So far i've only gotten the main hoop in and will be doing the door bars sometime in the near future when i get some free time. Main hoop took only the better half of a morning to do.

After wrapping it up, i mounted my GoPro and added some SFI padding. I will probably be changing the padding in the future to something a little more attractive, but for the time being, i don't wanna crack my skull on it in case some drunk driver decides to drive through me.

Snapped these pics last week while on duty for 24hr's, sun was going down and decided to share a bit of it's glare with you, ha.

Looks great Proto!:rockon:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
After looking at your sig, I recognized your car. I did some photography at PR for the 2011 season. Nice lookin car you have there.

Small world. Did u happen to take any pics of my car or see any of my passes? What part of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Looks good so far. These things come with any instructions/templates? Got mine through Van as well, and expect to receive it next week.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Looks good so far. These things come with any instructions/templates? Got mine through Van as well, and expect to receive it next week.

Yes and plenty of guys have them on this forum so Im sure they can answer.
Jut take your time. Its a very well built piece.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member

Only template needed is the one for trimming the rear quarter panel pieces, and yes it's provided. Once u lift the carpet and remove the rear interior pieces, scrap away the sound deadening materia where the foot pads rest, this thing fits like a glove. Drilling through the body was cake too. Used an 18v cordless drill. The driver's side door bar foot pads and middle hoop foot pad only have 2 predrilled hole due to fuel lines underneath, you have to drill up from underneath the car for the other 2 holes on these foot pads. One thing the instructions dont say, for the driver side footpad, you'll have to remove a fuel line sheild under the car to install the backing plate and drill ur other two holes. U reinstall the shield obviously after the backing plate is fully installed. Even with this, the install is still simple and straight forward. You'll receive a disk with the install .pdf with the bars. The instructions are straight forward, but they do provide a few tips to the install that make it go smoother as well as a few good pictures. PM me ur email address if u want me to send the .pdf to you. Give u a chance to read through it a few times before u get them.

fknsmshn

Established Member
Small world. Did u happen to take any pics of my car or see any of my passes? What part of the season?

Ill take a look and see if I can find some. Im sure Ive got one or two. I was there for most of the weekend events all throughout the year. Missed the last few though.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Shooting to get the door bars in this weekend

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Only template needed is the one for trimming the rear quarter panel pieces, and yes it's provided. Once u lift the carpet and remove the rear interior pieces, scrap away the sound deadening materia where the foot pads rest, this thing fits like a glove. Drilling through the body was cake too. Used an 18v cordless drill. The driver's side door bar foot pads and middle hoop foot pad only have 2 predrilled hole due to fuel lines underneath, you have to drill up from underneath the car for the other 2 holes on these foot pads. One thing the instructions dont say, for the driver side footpad, you'll have to remove a fuel line sheild under the car to install the backing plate and drill ur other two holes. U reinstall the shield obviously after the backing plate is fully installed. Even with this, the install is still simple and straight forward. You'll receive a disk with the install .pdf with the bars. The instructions are straight forward, but they do provide a few tips to the install that make it go smoother as well as a few good pictures. PM me ur email address if u want me to send the .pdf to you. Give u a chance to read through it a few times before u get them.

Looks like I didn't receive an armrest template with mine. Did it come in the box with the hardware? It wasn't on the cd either.

BigDan

Established Member
Looks great! I love the all black on black with stock rims.

If you have access to a welder you can avoid cutting the rear trim panel in half and have a clean hole. Just cut off the mounting pad, insert the bar through the trim panel and then weld to the mounting plate. A few members here have done it and it looks really clean.

fknsmshn

Established Member
Almost forgot that I was lookin for pics of your car. Havin a bit of trouble, but heres a quick one...

Proto.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread