RPM Roll Bar Install Help

ColoStang12

Established Member
Installing RPM roll bar into 2012 coupe. Everything is smooth so far, but I can't figure out how to get the rear trim panels back into the car around the roll bar and rear feet. It's like a puzzle. I get it close but can't seem to get them in and don't want to bend them so far that they break.

Any help from other RPM installers would be much appreciated.

cb900f

Established Member
Installing RPM roll bar into 2012 coupe. Everything is smooth so far, but I can't figure out how to get the rear trim panels back into the car around the roll bar and rear feet. It's like a puzzle. I get it close but can't seem to get them in and don't want to bend them so far that they break.

Any help from other RPM installers would be much appreciated.
No help here, but I would really like some pics. Is the backseat usable at all after the cage?

Thalilbear02

Established Member
No help here, but I would really like some pics. Is the backseat usable at all after the cage?

With any 2 door car adding a roll bar is going to limit the ability to access the rear seats just FYI. I'm sure you could fit a passenger back there or two, but obviously if you get into a front end collision and your passengers back there hit their head on a steel bar, you're not going to have a good time. Not like our rear seats are really 'usable' anyway.

cb900f

Established Member
With any 2 door car adding a roll bar is going to limit the ability to access the rear seats just FYI. I'm sure you could fit a passenger back there or two, but obviously if you get into a front end collision and your passengers back there hit their head on a steel bar, you're not going to have a good time. Not like our rear seats are really 'usable' anyway.
I agree with that. Just hoping that someone always has a miracle solution.

ColoStang12

Established Member
I agree with that. Just hoping that someone always has a miracle solution.

I'm close to finishing it up and will try to post some pics by the end of the week.

I think Maximum makes one with a removable middle bar. It's not legal for racing, but it would be a nice compromise between full track and full street.

Users who are viewing this thread