RPM light 6250 to 7000 staying on?

LavaSlide

Established Member
As the title says the last couple drives the RPM light 6250 to 7000 staying on?

What could cause this. I tried to search and I know it is supposed to go out when the engine is at 170 but has not gone off the last 2 commutes to Dallas. As far as the gauge and NGauge show that while I am cruising at 70mph my engine temp is between 190 to 200. My IAT2 is about 30 over ambient.

Oil level is good and no CEL.

LavaSlide

Established Member
I think I found the issue.
IMG_2124.png

I am going to replace both front O2 but with the Kooks LTH I have heard that that you can get some from a truck that are longer that I don’t need the extension that looks supplied.

Can someone help with part number and recommendations?
TY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You can use an F150 6.2 Raptor O2 sensor which is longer. It’s the driver side GT500 sensor that is tight getting over the bellhousing. With LTHs it’s just a common maintenance item, replacing O2 sensors every few years.
-J

LavaSlide

Established Member
I wanted to follow up on this issue. I never had a check engine light just the LC and the 6250 RPM light issue.

I discided to get the OEM O2 from Ford. I replaced both of them today. Car runs better than before and issues are gone.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Also to follow up, you still are using the stock O2s and Kooks extension harnesses? Or did you eliminate the extension harness and try the longer 6.2 oxygen sensors?
-J

LavaSlide

Established Member
Also to follow up, you still are using the stock O2s and Kooks extension harnesses? Or did you eliminate the extension harness and try the longer 6.2 oxygen sensors?
-J
I just bought the OEM O2s from Ford. Left the extensions on it. They looked good and whoever installed them did a really nice job routing them.

Just blows my mind that it was an O2 code but no CEL just the over RPM light issue.

Users who are viewing this thread