Royal Purple SyncroMax... The BEST $20 I have ever spent.

02_SonicBluSVT

All About The Corners...
Established Member
Bentonville, Arkansas/Grand Rapids, Michigan
Royal Purple SyncroMax... Of course no one has it in stock :rolleyes:. I can't believe the difference in the way the transmission shifts. It feels more like a BMW! O'Reilly Autoparts had it on special normally $16.59 I got it for $9.79 per quart. I bought 3 just in case. Our cars call for 2.1 quarts of fluid for the transmission, but I figured that .1 qt was just going to sit in there anyway.

I live in an apartment, so I am not (technically:cuss:) allowed to work on my car. So I took it to the place where I get all my oil changes done (they let me bring my own oil too) The mechanic said old fluid wasn't bad, but I feel better now that it is done. 2 quarts brought it right up to the filler hole on the side of the tranny.

My car just turned over 40k this week, and thought it now would be a better time than ever to get this little bit of maitenance done. It is simple and inexpensive to do, and if you can't do it yourself, buy the bottles at your local autoparts store, call around and see who will change it for you. It only cost another $20 to have someone else do it.

Users who are viewing this thread