royal purple still a full synthetic?

mattaglover

2011 5.0
Established Member
I have read on forums a couple times now that royal purple you can buy at the local auto parts store is no longer full synthetic. Can anyone set this straight? If true I am considering changing to redline.

5.0Flareside

Established Member
It appears they're new API certified formula is a G-III base.
So no the off the shelf RP is not a true synthetic. And or the price they charge it should be...

Amsoil Signature Series is a true synthetic.. You can PM unleashed beast to get ya hooked up on it.. Many different options..

GotBoost?!

Established Member
I did miss it. Thank you for all the info. Looks like ultra is the best off the shelf choice as of now.

Yup

I was thinking about the API RP on the shelves because of an oil change deal amazon currently has for a good price,but man,whats the point if your gonna pay 8-9 quart for something that really isn't the quality you are paying for? So,I'm gonna go with Amsoil.

You'll have no issues if you can buy the Ultra,they dont stock it around my area.

mattaglover

2011 5.0
Established Member
I just found out my local wal mart does not carry ultra anymore. The only way I know to get it is through amazon. That kinda defeats the off the shelf idea. If I need to order it amsoil sounds like the better. Its not much of a price differnce.

Users who are viewing this thread