Royal purple gear and transmission fluids

2115criss

Established Member
How's it going everyone.
I'm looking forward to change my rear end cover and also change the fluid to royal purple. How much of a difference is this going to make, also which one should I go with? 75w140, 85w140, 75w90? How much do I need, I've seen that it says 3 qts for 8.8 rear ends is this right?
in the other hand I've been wanting to change my transmission fluid too. Going with synchromax from royal purple. Is for an MT82, how many ppl have done this and has it help out in any way? Also how much is require for the mt82.
thanks for the feedback!

bmyles

Established Member
Just pick up 3 bottled of 75/140, I used the synchromax on mine and did't find it shifted nearly as nice a with the amsoil .

2115criss

Established Member
Oh ok, thanks. I'll probably use the 75w140, so you're saying that the AMSoil transmission fluid worked better than RP??

bmyles

Established Member
Oh ok, thanks. I'll probably use the 75w140, so you're saying that the AMSoil transmission fluid worked better than RP??

For me it did, the only difference I noticed was when it was cold the rp would nibble a bit and didn't shift as smooth but it was still ok.

todcp

Established Member
I went with Redline and the difference the tranny is much smoother sounding and feeling. Great stuff.

bullet3z

Established Member
I went with Redline and the difference the tranny is much smoother sounding and feeling. Great stuff.

Which Redline product did you use? There are several different types listed on the website.

For those of you that went with the Amsoil which blend did you run on the MT?

Users who are viewing this thread