Roushcharger install price?

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
I had myself talked into a 2013/2014 Shelby. The more I think about it, though, the more sense it makes to keep my car and supercharge it. The car is paid for, it's fun to drive, and it would cost me about $30k plus trading my car in to get into a Shelby vs. ~$6000 for the TVS kit for my car.

So, I'm considering a Roushcharger on my car. I know the install is pretty straight forward and most do it themselves. I haven't ruled that out yet, but I am trying to cover all my bases.

What is a fair price on install for this kit? I would probably go with the 575 hp kit and run the Roush tune for a little while, and then switch to a JLT intake and VMP tune shortly after.

Just curious what to expect to spend on install.

Thanks!

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
i was in the same boat as you trying to decide on selling my car and getting a '13 GT500 when I got back or doing the Roush TVS. Im glad i went the Roush route. I know I would love to get the new GT500 but I love surprising the hell out of people with my car. I did the install myself it was a great learning experience.

JerryC

Established Member
Yep 8-10 labor hours.

Do yourself a favor, go straight for the CAI and VMP tune. In fact buy it all from VMP and get a smaller pulley too.

From what others have said, the Roush tune leaves them wondering if all the money was worth it. Nobody that I know of has said that about a tuned Roushcharger on their 5.0.

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
VMP pricing looks to be the same as Roush's pricing on the supercharger kit. Do they offer a package deal if you order the kit, intake and tune?

Roush offers a 575 hp package with an 85mm pulley now that I'll go with at least to start with. I've heard the Roush tune sucks, though, so I'll be looking to upgrade at some point.

Last edited:

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
The problem I'm going to run into is finding a shop to do the install. I live in BFE and there is a large Ford dealership about 4 hours away that has installed a lot of these kits.

If there was a reputable shop nearby it'd be a no-brainer.

JerryC

Established Member
VMP pricing looks to be the same as Roush's pricing on the supercharger kit. Do they offer a package deal if you order the kit, intake and tune?

Roush offers a 575 hp package with an 85mm pulley now that I'll go with at least to start with. I've heard the Roush tune sucks, though, so I'll be looking to upgrade at some point.

Call Justin @ VMP and talk to him. When I bought mine I got the pulley and tune at the same price as the base kit from roush. No promises, just call and ask.

Larry03GT

Established Member
I had my performance shop do the install. Got the tuner kit added the JLT big air CAI and tuned by Lund Racing paid about 8k for everything.

pohnjarker

Established Member
The problem I'm going to run into is finding a shop to do the install. I live in BFE and there is a large Ford dealership about 4 hours away that has installed a lot of these kits.

If there was a reputable shop nearby it'd be a no-brainer.

do it yourself, there are a couple write ups and tons of knowledge here on the forums.

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
Just got off the phone with the dealership. They charge $1100 to install, which is on the high side, but not COMPLETELY out of line.

Next call will be to Justin @ VMP to get his suggestions.

If it wasn't for trimming the front cover, I'd feel a lot better about doing the install myself. Other than the angle grinder, any special tools I'd need for the install?

djclark

Established Member
If you don't want to grind the cover, why not get the magnuson blower kit ?

Mustang GT 5.0 2011-2012 MagnaCharger Supercharger - Magnuson Products, LLC

Whether its rousch or magnuson - they're both tvs based.

Just got off the phone with the dealership. They charge $1100 to install, which is on the high side, but not COMPLETELY out of line.

Next call will be to Justin @ VMP to get his suggestions.

If it wasn't for trimming the front cover, I'd feel a lot better about doing the install myself. Other than the angle grinder, any special tools I'd need for the install?

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member

djclark

Established Member
I don't see why any capable tuner couldn't hook you up with a tune - Lund, VMP etc... Ask them. Also, check out these SVTP articles:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...mustang-gt-magnuson-supercharger-install.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...icrous-power-gains-home-brewed-cai-build.html

It's a little more expensive, but the installation does look easier. Bottom line, does anyone support an aggressive tune (and get the same results) with the Magnuson like VMP and Brenspeed do with the Roush?

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
What are some reputable shops in Oklahoma, Colorado, Nebraska that would have experience with this install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
What are some reputable shops in Oklahoma, Colorado, Nebraska that would have experience with this install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B&R here in OKC has a good rep same with XP. the grinding and wiring worried me, but if you take your time the grinding isnt that bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread