Roush TVS Install

dbrford2003

Established Member
Working on install Roush supercharger and need a little assistance. I am currently working on the harness that goes to the PCM connector. The manual states that I need to install wire into empty spot C36. My PCM connector has a wire in this position (Purple/Green). Tried searching with no luck, hoping someone has run into this before and can help.

Thanks

6SpeedFreak

Established Member
I installed on an auto 13 and there was nothing there...are you sure you are in the correct pin position on the connector.

dbrford2003

Established Member
All installed, 625 kit, waiting on PCM from Roush for my return to stock tune. Was a fun install (except the wrong connector). Thinking I will drive it for a few weeks and then look at an aftermarket tune.

IMAG0136.jpg

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Get a dyno tune if you can spare the cash. Might as well get her dialed in perfect. I see those takicos peering through the shock tower....lol I got em to!!!

Last edited:

dbrford2003

Established Member
All done and having been driving it around a bit. The power is deceiving, it comes on very smooth and linear. I really like the drive-ability of the Roush tune, it idles great and does not surge at all part throttle. It is what I expected knowing that Roush left a lot on the table. I will not be running this tune very long but could live with it if I had too.

I do have a question, I installed the Aeroforce gauge with 2 bar MAP sensor and believe I have it setup correctly. Installed in port on passenger side of the intake. I am seeing -8.9 vacuum at idle and have seen 8.0 on the boost side. The boost seems reasonable but the vacuum seems off. I did hook a mechanical gauge and it sees -15 at idle so I know something is not right on the aeroforce. What is a common vacuum at idle?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Does the aeroforce read in in/Hg for vacuum
? The -15 on mechanicals are in/Hg and not psi...

Last edited:

dbrford2003

Established Member
Does the aeroforce read in in/mg for vacuum
? The -15 on mechanicals are in/mg and not psi...

Mebcop, you are correct reading in PSI. I was not aware of this but with a bit of searching stumbled upon it. Found a post from another member. Thanks for the response. :beer:

forcedfedjunkie said-

The gauge is reading psi in both boost and vacuum. If you are used to seeing inHg in vacuum then double the reading. For example, -10 psi would be almost exactly -20 inHg. The conversion you entered into the gauge is to convert voltage to psi. It would be nearly impossible to enter two conversions, and then program the gauge to know when to switch between the two so we display everything in psi.

3 oh 2

Established Member
how much boost your running ? i have the same set-up with 85mm but i have a jlt cold air i see around 10psi.

dbrford2003

Established Member
how much boost your running ? i have the same set-up with 85mm but i have a jlt cold air i see around 10psi.

I have seen 8 psi but I have not taken the car to past about 5000 rpm yet. Planning on doing some hard runs today and see what it will do. Kind of hard to find a good safe road to let it rip.

I have 85mm pulley as well with Roush cold air, not sure how much more restrictive that is compared to the JLT? The Roush is 110mm.

Who's tune are you running?

3 oh 2

Established Member
I have seen 8 psi but I have not taken the car to past about 5000 rpm yet. Planning on doing some hard runs today and see what it will do. Kind of hard to find a good safe road to let it rip.

I have 85mm pulley as well with Roush cold air, not sure how much more restrictive that is compared to the JLT? The Roush is 110mm.

Who's tune are you running?

mine is a 127mm jlt when i had the 90mm pulley i was at 9psi so i think the jlt is a little lees restrictive. i jujst order the phase 3 upgrade going to run a 80mm pulley and their BAP then get done with my remote tune .

Sinful_5.0

Established Member
I see you're in Utah, where at? If I drive to you, will you install my kit...seeing how it was a fun install and all :beer:

Looks good...I have the tuner kit in my garage with the 90mm pulley & JLT.

Users who are viewing this thread