Roush TVS coolant

BoostedCoyote14

Hey guys, I have a Roush Phase 3 kit on my 13 GT with the heat exchanger that comes in the kit. I run 50/50 dexcool in both the radiator and the heat exchanger, but of course have some heat soaking issues in this Missouri summer weather. My question is, can I run something like Purple Ice or Water Wetter in the heat exchanger resevoir? I'm planning on adding some to the raditor coolant, but can I run an additive like in the heat exchanger tank as well? Don't have the cash to upgrade to an Afco or VMP heat exchanger so any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
You can run either of those additives and they should help a little. However, I would suggest draining the system and refilling it with distilled water with the above additives, that will ultimately maximize your current set up. Just make sure when winter comes you drain at least half of it and add coolant, if not the water will freeze and take out your intercooler at least.

As you know the VMP heat exchanger makes a pretty notable difference. Additionally, if you get a 7 gallon tank for the trunk that will also help tremendously. With our tanks in the engine bay its just a matter of time before the liquid is heated up from the engine. I drove my car yeterday and after the car was parked for 2 hours I went out to look over everything and the coolant reservoirs were still plenty warm.

Heat soak is real with these cars. I had an 04 Cobra with a TVS and I ran it a few times. When I drove the car to the track and ran it immediately/hot lapped it the car would only run 11.3s@127. However when the car was trailered and I used ice in the reservoir tank my ETs dropped to 10.70s@132.

Do what you can to keep it cool!!

BoostedCoyote14

You can run either of those additives and they should help a little. However, I would suggest draining the system and refilling it with distilled water with the above additives, that will ultimately maximize your current set up. Just make sure when winter comes you drain at least half of it and add coolant, if not the water will freeze and take out your intercooler at least.

As you know the VMP heat exchanger makes a pretty notable difference. Additionally, if you get a 7 gallon tank for the trunk that will also help tremendously. With our tanks in the engine bay its just a matter of time before the liquid is heated up from the engine. I drove my car yeterday and after the car was parked for 2 hours I went out to look over everything and the coolant reservoirs were still plenty warm.

Heat soak is real with these cars. I had an 04 Cobra with a TVS and I ran it a few times. When I drove the car to the track and ran it immediately/hot lapped it the car would only run 11.3s@127. However when the car was trailered and I used ice in the reservoir tank my ETs dropped to 10.70s@132.

Awesome thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread