Roush Trunk tool box for the 94-98 Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

94CobraPace

Established Member
So Mike, is that tool box for the 94-98's or 99-04's? I picked up a box last night (off Westside for $40.00, no tools) The mounting bolts has a rubber bushing type & when you tighten it up it expandes. It is for the 99-04. I'll have to take pics of the mounting bolts tonight & post them.

Any one know how to modify to fit a 94-98? What is needed to modifiy to fit my 94?

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Originally posted by 94CobraPace
So Mike, is that tool box for the 94-98's or 99-04's?

I believe mine's for a 94-98, got it from Cmikul on FP. I have NO idea how to mount it, he said that I'd have to drill holes, but I'm not sure I want to. There has to be a way to mount it w/o drilling holes. Maybe I'll e-mail Roush and see if they can fax or mail me some directions.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Ok, just got an e-mail from Roush, I sent them the pic above of mine and they replied and told me that mine is a 99+ box and will not fit my car w/o doing some strange mounting modifications. :(

So now what to do...what to do.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
So did they tell you how to mount it?

Here's their suggestion:
"This box does not fit your 94-98 Mustang as the support ribs on the underside of your trunklid are in different positions. You could glue some wood blocks to the underside of your trunk lid and then mount the hardware in them. but it is a lot of work and it is at your own risk. Our suggestion would be to give it back and get your money back as it is not designed for your vehicle."

:nonono:

PETSNKE

Established Member
That's weird, their website states the 99+ box can be modified to fit 94-98, but I guess that's only if you buy it new from them:rollseyes

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Originally posted by PETSNKE
That's weird, their website states the 99+ box can be modified to fit 94-98, but I guess that's only if you buy it new from them:rollseyes

Yea, I know. I'm probably gonna e-mail the guy back and ask him about that. Funny thing is I told them I'd be willing to pay for a set of mounting brackets and instructions and his solution was to give the box back and get my money back. :??:

PETSNKE

Established Member
When they shipped me mine, they included the hardware for the 99+ box and the plastic screws and wing nuts for the 94-98 box. The hardware for the 99+ box is just four sheet metal screws and washers, no brackets were required for either box.

My advice is to measure twice and drill only once when you mount yours and make sure your screws are not too long. I have no idea how to use the screws & tinnerman nuts you have pictured on a 94-98 trunk lid.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
On the 99-03 Roush tool boxes, how are they modified to work on 94-98 Cobras?

Here are the pics:

Thank you for hosting these pictures for me. This is a cool item to have with my Cobra R especially since Roush was so involved with the whole 95R project. It is a neat piece to display in the car at car shows. I am currently working with a friend at a glass co. to get a piece of clear plexiglass cut and fitted over the tools when the box is open. I'm sure the coin and other items would disappear if not watched carefully at a show. Under the gloves is a chamois/cloth and the order form for sending the coin off to have it engraved with the cars VIN. The VIN engraving is free for the one side and an additional charge for the second side.

Robert

94CobraPace

Established Member
No problem on hosting the pics.
Here are pics of the box I picked up last night. The mounting bolts & back side:
roush_box_mounting_bolts.jpg

roush_back_side_box.jpg

The box:
roush_tool_box.jpg

roush_box.jpg

Now I have to figue out how to mount it in the pace car.

msmap

Lady Snake
Established Member
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Ok, just got an e-mail from Roush, I sent them the pic above of mine and they replied and told me that mine is a 99+ box and will not fit my car w/o doing some strange mounting modifications. :(

So now what to do...what to do.

Sell it to me :p

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack

Looks like you and I have the same box, just different mounting hardware. Wonder if I can buy the hardware you have at Home Depot/Lowe's. If you install it anytime soon let me know so I can come over and do mine as well. :beer:

SnakeR

Established Member
Originally posted by PETSNKE
That looks exactly like my SN95 Roush Trunk Tool Kit except for the emblem on the outside and the coin. I'd kill to get that emblem for mine though. I always thought the coin was kinda stupid, but that didn't stop me from paying $20 for one to fill the spot for it:rolleyes:

Roush Parts still had a few more SN95 tool boxs for $60 (without any tools or emblem) when I bought mine last summer

I jsut emailed Roush... they are all out. :shrug:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert M, do you have pics of the back side mounting holes & mounting hardware?

The box is currently installed in the car. I will try and remove the box in the next few days and get a picture of the back/mounting side. Believe it or not we at Verizon, here in central Fla. are still under a service emergency condition from the hurricanes. I am currently working 7/12's, so by the time I get home it is time to eat, spend some time with my family and then sleep. I like the big money, but I am ready for it to slow down.

Robert

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
No problem on hosting the pics.
Here are pics of the box I picked up last night. The mounting bolts & back side:
roush_box_mounting_bolts.jpg

roush_back_side_box.jpg

The box:
roush_tool_box.jpg

roush_box.jpg

It looks like the coin is repositioned to the rear in this newer box.

Robert

PETSNKE

Established Member
Originally posted by Robert M
It looks like the coin is repositioned to the rear in this newer box.

Robert

It also looks like there isn't a place for the tire tread depth gauge. Good luck finding a tire pressure gauge that fits the box guys, I ended up ordering it from Roush.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Send them to me, I can host, then post them.
[email protected]

I was able to get the trunk box dismounted this afternoon and take some mounting side pictures. I have just sent them to you.

Thanks, Robert

Stolen 98

Established Member
I have a 94-98 "Cobra" tool kit. Includes all tools/coin/mounting hardware... $550 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread