Roush tool kit

wjjeeper

Established Member
Never really looked at it until today. My 04 has a Roush tool kit mounted to the inside of the trunk lid. Has "Roush" wrenches, tire pressure gauge, screwdriver, pliers, screwdriver and gloves.
What's the story with these things? image.jpegimage.jpeg

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
During Ford's lemon-law buy-back, these were installed on cars deemed to be to be too far "lemon" to be recovered. The tool kits were installed and the cars were donated to Goodwill.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
During Ford's lemon-law buy-back, these were installed on cars deemed to be to be too far "lemon" to be recovered. The tool kits were installed and the cars were donated to Goodwill.

Sounds like something a Chevy guy would say LOL.

No real story, these were an option on the Roush's back in the day. I know you could get them on 01 to 04 Roush's. Not sure if they kept the option for 2005 and up. I have one on my 380R. Nice to have if you really use your car, but for me it's more of a novelty item.

oldmodman

Established Member
I got one. Used. Guy had never opened it. The battery in the little tiny flashlight had popped and ruined the flashlight, but a new one only cost $7.00

I also peeled off the sticker. And found an SVT sticker just the right size.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^ I think it was designed to help during an emergency situation (i.e. change your battery, replace a busted radiator hose, gloves used to help during changing a flat or working on a hot or dirty engine, etc.). However, I think most of them were never or hardly ever used. I know on mine the only things I used were the tire pressure gauge and maybe a wrench to remove the battery cable.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
They started back in the 94-95 days. They were offered for Roush and other Mustangs. I vaguely recall there was a version with a Cobra logo for the 94-98 trunks. It continued for the new edge cars, but I don't recall seeing the Cobra logo version for those years.

Tools were minimal and largely novelty and minor fixes. Obviously, if you are missing an item it is a bitch to find the missing item.

Neat item.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread