Roush supercharger upgrade path

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Hi guys,

So, I'm thinking of putting forged components my '12 mustang 5.0, it has a Roush supercharger in it and was wondering how much could the boost on that badboy be raised. I'm running 9.5psi at the moment.

I know the Whipple could bolt right on since it uses the same components. Would I gain much by upgrading to the 2.9 Whipple for example versus my 2.3 Roush TVS ? And if I decide to upgrade, is there buyers for the Roush TVS headunit by itself ?

Is there any upgraded fuel systems on the market to handle that power ? over 700rwhp ?

If there's anything else that should be addressed please go ahead and let me know. I'm still kind of new to all this.

Thanks peeps,

Q

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Two of fastest street cars were running the TVS blower. They were both in the 9s with the stock motor. How fast do u want to go? The TVS has proven that it has all around performance. It's really hard to beat with a no problem kit.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
going into the 9's with my auto/vert roush would be awesome. I want the forged components for longevity purposes only.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
Roush dealer here, it's a great unit, runs cool, much cooler than the old M90's. You will be happy with it as a ton of R&D went into it by Roush before it was released for sale.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
It is a great unit. I am using it on my car at the moment, part of the '12 Roush Stage 3 kit. I was wondering if I needed to upgrade or not after forging the bottom end. But looking at your feedback I think not.

alex12gt

Established Member
you can bump the boost way up with forged parts vmp offers a kill pulley that produce around 15 psi i think and for 700hp + you will need to ethier talk to bbr for their jackal system or i think jpc offers a fuel system as well

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
the kill pulley is my plan at the moment. along with the jpc fuel system. i'm waiting for a quote from a couple of shops, jdm included. you guys know any good shops that can do this job near the greenwood, indiana area ?

appreciate the responses fellas

kingnut

Established Member
isnt there a thread around here with some putting down 900+ WHP on the stock fuel system?

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
We made 900+rwhp on stock lines, hat and rails. But the pump and injectors weren't stock.

So there's no need to change the stock lines, hat and rails ? What pump and injectors you used, and do you recommend them ?

CPRsm

I'm not sure at what rwhp you need to change it all out on these cars. But the system in question was developed for his customers over seas whose country does not allow them to change fuel rails or lines for any reason. It's about 2k for the system. It's Injector Dynamic 1000cc injectors, two Ford hats with no core charge, fuel pump and a fuel pump controller. So far all the testing is showing great results.

Most any other system is a billet hat and a fuel pump(s) which need a larger feed and also a return.

Users who are viewing this thread