Roush Nitemare

thunder21

Straight Cash Homie
Established Member
I am thinking about trading my 03L in on an 07 Roush Nitemare. Stock for stock they are pretty similar performance wise. I need your guys' opinion on this.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
I wouldn't do it. Unless my truck had so many miles on it that it made more sense to go with something newer.

69stang

Experienced Lurker
Established Member
Tough decision...If you're trading up to go faster i think you'll be disappointed long-term. BUT, if you are trading up to get into something "nicer" it'll be a toss-up :shrug:. The newer f150's really are well-laid out and comfy, not to mention safer etc. That Roush will have HUGE shoes to fill though, and i hope it'll be enough truck for ya. :beer:

SADF

Established Member
I wouldnt do that. Way heavy and I guarantee you'll be bored of it in six months

AlexD13

Cop Magnet
Established Member
all i ever hear out of those who rid themselves of their lightning is that they regret it... alls i'm saying is, if you do it... dont come crying back hahaha.

i will never get rid of my L because i live a life of no regrets LOL

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
all i ever hear out of those who rid themselves of their lightning is that they regret it... alls i'm saying is, if you do it... dont come crying back hahaha.

i will never get rid of my L because i live a life of no regrets LOL

That is the truth. I was sick to my stomach both times. Just picked up my third and final one. I think I have finally learned.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I thought these things do a mid to high 14 sec 1/4 mile? How is that close in comparison to an L? I wouldnt do it either, but to each his own, if thats what you really want then go for it.

AlexD13

Cop Magnet
Established Member
i suppose thats what you get for posting this question in the 2nd gen LIGHTNING forum... might talk to the guys on the other side of the spectrum... im sure youll see the other answer... haha

thunder21

Straight Cash Homie
Established Member
Ok, I talked my self out of it. I am going to keep the Lightning. By the way the truck is not a mid 14sec 1/4mile truck. They run mid 13's thats pretty dang close to a stock Lightning.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Ok, I talked my self out of it. I am going to keep the Lightning. By the way the truck is not a mid 14sec 1/4mile truck. They run mid 13's thats pretty dang close to a stock Lightning.

Good decision!!!! Honestly it feels like home to be back in a Lightning again.

SADF

Established Member

Best I thought I saw in the mag was like a 14 flat? All the special and tuner trucks based on the newer F series (not the brand brand new, but ya know) all use a Roush, Saleen, Ford Racing roots/twinscrew blowers and all make 450-500. They all pretty run similar times which happens to be in the mid to lower 14's.

Users who are viewing this thread