Roush Lower Delete Install

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Anyone install this themselves? :shrug:

I've pulled motors, installed superchargers, nitrous, pulled transmissions, etc etc.... but this seems pretty difficult.

I started it one day after work thinking I could knock it out before dark and well, that didn't happen.

I got to the point of taping the cutting template out on the bumper and the little pictures in the instructions (that are black and white) are hard to see. I couldn't justify "winging" it and hoping I had it on right before I cut into my bumper...

Anyone got any tips/tricks/etc to this install?

Also, anyone know of any instructions online that are in color?

Tired of having this $300 piece of plastic sitting in a box in my garage...lol

Thanks,

Clipboard

Established Member
i installed just the plastic piece. The metal part was too confusing and is actually un-needed.

1) take out your oem bottom grille
2) cut all the tabs off and sand if needed (use a dremel)
3) position the grilled how you want it placed and dremel a hole for the tabs on the side first, then drill the holes for the screws on the bottom.
4) screw it down to make sure you have it straight and then removethe double sided tape.

between the screws and the double sided tape the grille wont move. I have mine on exactly like this. most expensive piece of plastic ever...

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
i installed just the plastic piece. The metal part was too confusing and is actually un-needed.

1) take out your oem bottom grille
2) cut all the tabs off and sand if needed (use a dremel)
3) position the grilled how you want it placed and dremel a hole for the tabs on the side first, then drill the holes for the screws on the bottom.
4) screw it down to make sure you have it straight and then removethe double sided tape.

between the screws and the double sided tape the grille wont move. I have mine on exactly like this. most expensive piece of plastic ever...

lol nice, thanks... I appreciate it, I'll have to try it again next weekend.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Just installed mine last night! It's not so much difficult as it is time consuming. I'm with you that the black and white pics are not extrmely helpful. I literally followd the directions using the template and all and it all magically lined up and installed perfectly.

I did not however use any of that upper metal bracket and support bars. I did use the lower metal piece as I feel like it adds some nice support to the plastic piece and has slots for the tabs. If if interferes with whatever turbo/sc intercooler I run in the future I'll either trim the metal piece for clearance or just remove it if neccessary.

One tip that I would vive would be to do some partial cutting of the lower grille section first. you could drill all of the holes from the backside of the bumper except the outer two. If you remove some material first it will allow your drill to get back there.

Also when doing the main cuttin to remove the lower grill section be cautious on the lower part so that you still have room for the 1/4" holes to be drilled.

Other than that it was pretty smooth sailing..Let us know if you need more help

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
The regular Roush 3 bar lower? I would almost bet so. The delete requires you to basically cut away the entire perimeter where the stock style grill mounts.

Clipboard

Established Member
Just installed mine last night! It's not so much difficult as it is time consuming. I'm with you that the black and white pics are not extrmely helpful. I literally followd the directions using the template and all and it all magically lined up and installed perfectly.

I did not however use any of that upper metal bracket and support bars. I did use the lower metal piece as I feel like it adds some nice support to the plastic piece and has slots for the tabs. If if interferes with whatever turbo/sc intercooler I run in the future I'll either trim the metal piece for clearance or just remove it if neccessary.

One tip that I would vive would be to do some partial cutting of the lower grille section first. you could drill all of the holes from the backside of the bumper except the outer two. If you remove some material first it will allow your drill to get back there.

Also when doing the main cuttin to remove the lower grill section be cautious on the lower part so that you still have room for the 1/4" holes to be drilled.

Other than that it was pretty smooth sailing..Let us know if you need more help

mine didnt come with instructions so i winged it...the metal bracket is useless just adds weight really

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Wow nicely done if you didn't have instructions with it! I understand what you're saying on the lower metal bracket. I'll leave it for now since it's on there, but if it interferes with whatever intercooler I end up with I'll just cut it even with the plastic. Like you were saying that's an expensive piece of plastic so I felt like I had to use more of the kit than just that haha.

Users who are viewing this thread