Roush heat exchanger to VMP's heat exchanger question

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, installing a VMP heat exchanger onto my friends Roush blown car. What do I do with the Roush wiring harness for the intercooler pump? Do I remove it or just tuck it somewhere? It seems like it goes straight to a part behind the supercharger? VMP's heat exchanger comes with a new harness but do I completely remove the harness from the Roush kit?

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
If I had to take a guess, I'd say you'll wanna remove the Roush Harness completely. I just finished up a Stage 2 VMP install on my '13 GT, and the VMP Harness basically connects everything you need for the cooling system: The Pump, Dual Fans and so forth which go up to the ECU for +12V and grounds above where the passenger headlight is... I don't think you'll need the Roush one for anything anymore.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Yeah, I completely removed the Roush harness. Everything is plug and play with the VMP kit. Roush did the install on this 5.0 and they hid their intercooler pump harness really well. The Roush intercooler pump harness is just 1 harness with nothing spliced into it, just like the VMP's

Users who are viewing this thread