Roush HE Reservoir Installation ??? Line to short - stupid mistake?

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Guys: I went to install the Roush high-volume HE coolant reservoir today. The unit came with no instructions. I thought I needed to cut a small piece of the tubing that goes from the OEM reservoir to the HE pump. I cut off basically the first inch or so that used to come out horizontally, then bent downward. I cut the horizontal off so the down tubing would fit naturally to the down exit on the Roush. Well, now the the tubing is several inches short of the HE pump.

What to do??? I could spice a piece on with a connector, but that is a weak link. I could get an OEM tube from Ford and hope I can rig it up. I guess I could go any autostore an buy a length of tube of the right diameter and make it work.

Any ideas? Pretty bummed out about this.

Thanks!

barspen

Established Member
I has to cut the upper 'S' shaped hose and splice it into the bottom hose to correct the angle the tube fits in the reservoir. Using a strait hose will cause a kink in the line.

The HE fluid doesn't get as hot as the radiator fluid and it's not under much pressure, so it not really a weak point to join the tubing together. A splice kits (plastic tube and clamps) costs a few bucks at the local auto parts store.

Imatk

Established Member
I has to cut the upper 'S' shaped hose and splice it into the bottom hose to correct the angle the tube fits in the reservoir. Using a strait hose will cause a kink in the line.

The HE fluid doesn't get as hot as the radiator fluid and it's not under much pressure, so it not really a weak point to join the tubing together. A splice kits (plastic tube and clamps) costs a few bucks at the local auto parts store.

Agree with this... if you use the straight tube it WILL kink.

I'd re-use the stock tube.

Users who are viewing this thread