Roush extreme and kooks headers

scandalous

Established Member
I currently have the roush extreme exhaust. In about a week I will be installing a Kb2.8 h stage 3 kit along with kooks headers with an offroad h pipe. Anyone tried this. How loud was it. I have a couple of friends tell me it wont be that bad. If it is what are your suggestions to quiet it down some. Dont mind loud just not obnoxious loud.

Last edited:

--------
Established Member
I have 1 7/8" bassani stepped L/T with O/R 3" X, and bassani 3" straight through mufflers.

It's loud, but I like loud. It's not a DD so I don't mind it. To me, it sounds like something that should be on a trailer when you get on it!!

Disturbing the peace is another issue...buuuuttt where I live the cops will ask you to rev it up so they can hear it lol

--------
Established Member
if you keep the car around 2100-2300 rpm it's actually really nice...not much different than a catback, but any rpm other than that is loud....then again, i'm that guy that turns the radio off to listen to the car lol

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Wow I have never seen this forum so quiet either! I guess we just go with it and deal with the loudness afterwards. You can always throw some axle backs on in 20 minutes....

2nd2none

Established Member
I had the Roush Extreme catback on and then put on a set of Dynatech longtubes with 2.5" high flow cats. I knew it would be loud but what it ended up sounding like was waaaaaaay more than I expected. I saw this video the other day of a guy running just headers and no exhaust and I swear mine sounded exactly like it even with the cats and the Roush exhaust.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84xPbXsCOfg"]Longtubes only - YouTube[/nomedia]

scandalous

Established Member
I had the Roush Extreme catback on and then put on a set of Dynatech longtubes with 2.5" high flow cats. I knew it would be loud but what it ended up sounding like was waaaaaaay more than I expected. I saw this video the other day of a guy running just headers and no exhaust and I swear mine sounded exactly like it even with the cats and the Roush exhaust.
Longtubes only - YouTube

What did you do to make it more streetable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread