Roush 18x9/18x10 on an IRS Car [pics]

UGAcobra

Established Member
Here you go...Rears are using a 35mm spacer and the fender lips are rolled -- they actually rub a bit on the ouside now, the 30mm spacer would be more appropriate and I may swich to those soon. Tires are Nitto 555s sized 265/35/18s and 285/35/18s

CobraRoush1.jpg

CobraRoush2.jpg

CobraRoush3.jpg

CobraRoush4.jpg

CobraRoush5.jpg

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
UGAcobra said:
Here you go...Rears are using a 35mm spacer and the fender lips are rolled -- they actually rub a bit on the ouside now, the 30mm spacer would be more appropriate and I may swich to those soon. Tires are Nitto 555s sized 265/35/18s and 285/35/18s

CobraRoush1.jpg

CobraRoush2.jpg

CobraRoush3.jpg

CobraRoush4.jpg

CobraRoush5.jpg

Those appear to be bad links man. Host them on www.imageshack.us

I tried to copy and correct and it wouldn't let me.

UGAcobra

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Looks great. I think you need a bigger tire in the rear though...IMO.

I agree...I went with the 285's because I had to have tires at the time and wasn't sure how this expirament was gonna work out (as far as getting these particular wheels on the rear). I went with something safe and I'm glad I did -- until the 30mm spacers go on I can't run a wider tire as the 285's have already been slightly damaged by the fender lip since the car is so low...I need to get the wheels more center in the wheelwell.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
What's the deal with the Roush wheels anyway? I have heard there is major fitment issues with them on IRS cars.

Or is it just the same deal as any other 10" wheel in the rear?

UGAcobra

Established Member
Torch10th said:
What's the deal with the Roush wheels anyway? I have heard there is major fitment issues with them on IRS cars.

Or is it just the same deal as any other 10" wheel in the rear?

The backspacing is WAY off for an IRS car. If you try and mount them up without spacers you will bottom out on the inner fenderwell while the hub of the wheel is still a couple inches from the hub of the car. If you look at a solid axel car with these wheels you'll see they don't sit much farther outward than stock 8 inch wheels do b/c they have around 7 inches of backspacing (I'm not sure of the exact number I got when I measured it). But, I was determined to have these wheels in 10 inch so I got some spacers and had the fender lips rolled. Alot of the other 10 inch wheels made don't have as much backspacing so they carry alot of their width to the outside of the wheel hub. Its really a case by case basis as far as each style/manufacturer of wheels go.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Torch10th said:
They're sexy, that's for sure. At over $500.00 per wheel I'll go elsewhere though.

KRE, Forgelines etc.

Yeah I know. Used sets around here in FL go for 1200ish in mint condition.

UGAcobra

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Yeah I know. Used sets around here in FL go for 1200ish in mint condition.

Yeah, I paid $1600 used a couple years ago...they were mounted on a boyd coddington roush at a dealer lot. The guy who bought the car got them and made the dealer throw in a correct set of coddington wheels with the purchase -- he got to keep these somehow so I essentially got a two month old set with less than 20 miles on them (the test drive was the only time they had been driven on). At the time Roush wanted around $630 a peice for them so I managed to justify the price somehow :D . Around Atlanta mustangs are a dime a dozen and alot of people have some very pimp wheel and tire setups. I have always committed myself to being somewhat different so I went with these when someone showed up with the chrome Steeda Ultra-Lites I used to have. I noticed nobody had these so I had to have them! Its hard to have a mustang that stands out around here since some of the best looking 'stangs in the country reside near me on the north side of Atlanta.

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
hehehe here in Augusta, there's one or two modded mustangs. I guess nobody likes to be different here, so they all look stock. I've seen a SN95 Cobra with anthracite DD Cobra R wheels and it looks very clean. Only other I can think of is a mystichrome SN95 Cobra. I haven't seen much else worth mentioning.

Users who are viewing this thread