Roughin' up my Termie! Jerks!

1996SVT

Established Member
Looks like someone swiped a foglight bezel! Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to order another one. Will the new one just pop right in?

Crap! July the 4th! While I was working some crackhead stuck a screwdriver in my keyhole and popped open the door! All they took was the coins I had in driver door pocket. The key won't fit in the lock now and it looks terrible.
Can I take it somewhere besides the dealer? Don't want to get overcharged if possible.

Thanks guys!

1996SVT

Established Member
I work close to the airport in Atlanta. So, yes, not the safest place for my Termie. In 3 1/2 years this is the only damage I've had compared to some of my coworkers who've had their windows knocked out or their rides stolen.

Jefe

Established Member
its as easy as jamming a screw driver in the keyhole to get the door open? Might call some locksmiths and see who they recommend for auto locks. Stay away from the dealer unless you have had good service before

SLPRCTM

Established Member
its as easy as jamming a screw driver in the keyhole to get the door open? Might call some locksmiths and see who they recommend for auto locks. Stay away from the dealer unless you have had good service before

Yep! It is that easy. I had some f**k do that to mine in Monterey last year. The alarm or something scared them off because nothing was touched. Actually didn't notice the damage until a couple days later when I got home. I ended up taking it to some friends of mine that own a body shop and had them "repair" the lock assembly for good. I picked up a cable release assembly form a hot-rod shop and installed it somewhere else on the car. I hooked it up to the lock assembly in the drivers door. Had the body shop just remove the entire key hole completely. Now it is either cut the top or bust the window. Either way, it is better than paint work in my opinion. Now, if my key-fob, electric door lock or battery fails, I still have a way into the car. You might want to check with your insurance company about the incident. I ended up having a zero deductible for the repairs to mine. Mine was considered vandalism. Everthing was covered and it didn't cost me a penny.

Users who are viewing this thread