Rough Ride

videoreflection

I just bought a 2012 5.0. It has a rough ride. It has a J&M lowering kit. With blue Roush springs. Roush axle back exhaust. Want to see if anybody can help to make the ride better. Or is it what is expected. On interstate, it bounces a lot. Any help would be much appreciated.

samcrac

Established Member
I just bought a 2012 5.0. It has a rough ride. It has a J&M lowering kit. With blue Roush springs. Roush axle back exhaust. Want to see if anybody can help to make the ride better. Or is it what is expected. On interstate, it bounces a lot. Any help would be much appreciated.

It depends how low you really are, but it doesn't sound like aftermarket dampers were done. I put Koni yellows on my 2012 5.0 and it really got rid of the bounce. Also define "rough." My 5.0 felt smooth with the factory Pirelli tires with the exception of it bobbing up and down continuously over small bumps. An aftermarket damper will really take care of this, but since it usually firms things up, over large bumps it can tend to be what I would say is "rough."

Nuar

Established Member
Yeah I agree, your car needs new shocks and struts.
Koni yellows should solve your issue and they are adjustable, so you can set them to your personal preference :)

vergil

Established Member
change the shocks and struts I did it couple weeks ago there is a huge difference. I have the ford racing shocks and struts

Users who are viewing this thread