Rough paint where spoiler meets trunk lid

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
I noticed some stains running down each side of the S H E L B Y lettering on the trunk of my 2013 GT500. They appear to emit from a rough area at each corner where the spoiler attaches to the trunk. Attached a photo of each corner of the trunk lid / spoiler base for reference (I had already cleaned the stains though).

Is this typical/normal? Spoiler01.jpgSpoiler02.jpg

Kapy

Established Member
I noticed some stains running down each side of the S H E L B Y lettering on the trunk of my 2013 GT500. They appear to emit from a rough area at each corner where the spoiler attaches to the trunk. Attached a photo of each corner of the trunk lid / spoiler base for reference (I had already cleaned the stains though).

Is this typical/normal?View attachment 12644View attachment 12645

No not normal

MCDEV

Established Member
That almost looks like buffing compound caked in there but it's hard to tell. Can you scrape it away with something gentle like a tooth pick? Or is the paint actually chipped away? If it is compound that would make sense why you're seeing stains running down the back of the deck lid.

While not the exact same issue I am having a problem myself in that general vicinity so Ill take this opportunity to complain about it LOL. I am having paint issues on the spoiler its self. Paint is missing from the underside of both ends and it looks to me that it was never properly prepped prior to painting and now its flaking away. I went to Dean Sellers in Troy Mi and the paint shop manager straight up told me "I know my guys capability level and I am not letting them touch that car". At least he was honest. I tried talking to Suburban Ford too but I missed the paint shop manager. I'm concerned that they will just try to spot touch up the area which I will not be happy with. I'm worried that this problem will continue to spread and I want the entire part repainted or completely replaced. The guy at Dean Sellers said Ford would most likely not be willing to replace the part. :mj:

20140318_130421_zps4d5c8cfd.jpg

ryan319

Established Member
No that's no normal. Did you buy it new? is that yellow area tape or is the paint missing? I agree with others that it looks like buffing compound, maybe it had some paint work.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i thought it was flaking paint before but looking again, looks like they stuck tape up under there when buffing then didnt get it all back up?

Users who are viewing this thread