Rough idle

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
need some help, i have the basic 6# pulley set up, TB, CAI, plugs, predator canned tune.....

have a rough idle , once in a while will stall at light(due to the rough idle), gets worse when the weather changes, yes even in SO-FLo... like i said it is a canned tune, i know i have to do something bout that....

has a stock Air flow....is this the problem, it is an 03, does it need an extender??

thorntonSVT

Established Member
with a 6lb I would def. have a bigger MAF. You have to get it tuned when you upgrade the MAF. I would contact Rick at amazon and get a email tune from him.

Last edited:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
get a BA-2400 MAF and make sure youdont have any vacuum leaks or something not pluged in. Is it throwing a code?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Rough idle is almost always one of two things. Either a vacuum leak (should throw a lean code) or the IAC is getting dirty. You can removed the IAC, spray it out with some seafoam or WD40 and reinstall it to see if it improves. The vacuum line going down behind the blower to the lower intake is also a known issue, they crack and collapse.

Did you do anything right before the problem started such as WOT runs or any changes under the hood?

Robert Francis

Established Member
Stock intake/air flow shouldn't effect your idle speed. I'd be looking for air leaks somewhere on intake hoses, possibly bad IAC, dirty throttle blade/body, etc.

You may or may not need an MAF extender. I have a 6lb pulley and according to my dyno operator, I didn't exceed MAF counts. But apparently many do and need an extender.

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
almost pos. it is a MAF problem, my CAI has a single tube where the stock MAF bolts on, is that the same set up as the SCT2400, or does it come with a housing

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
Idle rough

Like fade to black said ck for vacumm leaks, if u has over 50,000 miles on your truck that pcv hose leak is a common problem.
lemeno I have changed a few of them.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
almost pos. it is a MAF problem, my CAI has a single tube where the stock MAF bolts on, is that the same set up as the SCT2400, or does it come with a housing

Did the idle problem start right after you installed the CAI? You have to give us some information here as to when/how this started, guessing only goes so far.....What was the last thing done to the truck before your problem started?

NITRO PASS

Speed addict
Established Member
the problem didnt start right away, however the idle problem is come and go, usually happens when i sit at a light for a little bit in gear, but also idles rough(like it has a huge cam) when in gear, i'm going to check for the vacuum leak----any other ideas please let me know---thanx peeps

it ran a little rough after i installed the MODS but not this bad, it has progressively gotten worse

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread