Rough Idle

96laserRedcobra

Established Member
I car keeps idling rough and I cant figure out why I changed my oil, plugs, wires, cleaned my Imcr's and values will I was down there and ran sea foam through it, and just changed my fuel filter. After I changed my fuel filter it almost seemed to idle worst after. Any ideas

95cobby

Established Member
It's in the Intake duct off the same harness at the MAF. Take a que-tip and some cleaner and clean it gently.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
95cobby said:
It's in the Intake duct off the same harness at the MAF. Take a que-tip and some cleaner and clean it gently.
no no no...i think you are talking about the maf sensor.
the iac is located up by the throttle body. remove the 2 8mm bolts and unplug the harness. spray the inside with carb. cleaner. cover the hole up and shake it for a few seconds. pour it out and give it a few minutes to dry. reinstall it and yer done.
heres a pic of what it looks like
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7976516613&category=33555&sspagename=WDVW

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
mustangdan429 said:
dont move the needle inside it!!! i just used carb cleaner on mine and it made it idle a little better but still shaky at times,
what needle? are you talking about the maf sensor too? the iac doesn't have a needle in it that i'm aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread