Rough idle when cold

mustangsf4life

Black Venom
Established Member
First off I have an 89 Gt that i just got finished redoing. I bought the car two years ago that had been sitting with 82k original miles for about 6 years. I recently disassembled the car and pulled the glass and did a new paint job. Now that ive got the car ready to go Im having a rough idle issue but only when the car is cold. It is really hesitant as well. It goes away once the car starts warming up after 2 or 3 minutes. The car has no driveability or power issues out on the road. So far ive seafoamed the car, freah oil change, done a new fuel pump (255 lph), fuel filter, motorcraft plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil and cleaned the maf. Im running out of options. the car runs great once warmed up and have put fresh 91 octain in it aswell thinking my gas might be bad. ive also done a leak down test and my compression is good and no head gasket issues. Im kind of stumped at this point and out of the 7 fox bodys ive had ive never run into this. Anyone ever have the same issue or have any ideas. Im done throwing money at this thing right now and just need a driver. Also the car is completely stock except for weld in flows and a drop in K&N filter. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread