Rough idle/Please Help!!!

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
So my Cobra has a rough idle and puts out a code of P0507. I changed the IACV. I can't seem to figure out what it could be. Does the JLT 140mm intake cause this?

On Start up it idles around 1100rpms. If I turn on the a/c it idles fine. When I come to a stop the idle will sometimes jump from 1100 to 500 then stall. If it's a vacuum leak, where do I start to look? I've used the search and can't really find anything.

Thanks for your help.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
This happened to me when I had my K&N FIPK kit on the car, but only intermittently. Could be the tune, try re-loading your tune or checking into that. Check and clean your MAF. Could also be your PCV valve causing the issue. This isn't something new to these cars, and is actually quite common. Especially after coming to a stop after a hard pull or higher speeds.

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
This happened to me when I had my K&N FIPK kit on the car, but only intermittently. Could be the tune, try re-loading your tune or checking into that. Check and clean your MAF. Could also be your PCV valve causing the issue. This isn't something new to these cars, and is actually quite common. Especially after coming to a stop after a hard pull or higher speeds.

Thanks for responding. I pulled the PCV. If I shake it and it rattles that means its good to go? correct?
I have heard this is a fairly common issue with these cars. It drives and pulls fine, I just don't want to do any damage to the motor.

I'll be checking the MAF next.

Users who are viewing this thread