rough idle, frps symptoms, but not the frps

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I don't have any ideas. Injectors don't leak and are clean, good fuel, over 1/4 tank. I've put two new frps' on it and still same symptoms. Any help please. I have the tune thru Amazon. The car was acting like this with my whipple on it, so I know the switch to the eaton doesn't have anything to do with it. I even got a new tune for the Eaton. Any ideas? I'm going to put a new fuel filter on it, drain the tank and go from there, but I'm hoping someone else may have or had the same problem, so I don't have to trouble shoot it.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I was just going to say that I'm going to change out my plugs. They have about 4000 miles on them. I am running tr6's but thats what I had with the whipple. What should I be running with the eaton. I'm guessing around 500ish rwhp...but I do want to spray it. Any ideas? Stay with the 6s? Or go up one heat range. When I spray, it will only be a 75-100 shot.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
sometimes on high boost cars the plugs will close gap...check the plugs and see if they are gapped at .035

have you sent datalogs? is Rick currently working with you on this.. if you need him to contact you just let me know

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I just put the eaton on yesterday. I will not drive it for a bit, so I have some time. SNOW = rocks on the road = car in garage under cover = :(

I just ordered plugs today. I'll pick up a fuel filter tomorrow on way home from work.

Thanks for the help!

doubleblack

Established Member
a bad fuel pump is another stab in the dark...do you have a fuel pressure guage? If the fuel pressure is bouncing around pretty bad that might be the place to check...

like others have said, it could also be an ignition problem...if not the plugs, the COPS can go bad too...

heywaitfourme

Established Member
My plugs are SOAKED. The rear driverside plug had RUST on it. Fuel pump kicks on when I turn the key. It only makes the noise for .5-1 second.

Any other Ideas? I'll be gettin my fuel filter today, plugs should be here wed.

Last edited:

heywaitfourme

Established Member
Just a little insight on the problem. The car sat for a little over a month without running or moving. I went out to start it to take it for a drive in Nov and the car would have a VERY hard time starting. When it did start it would make a popping noise and had NO balls. Same symptoms of the FRPS going bad. I put a new one in it, and the same thing. If I hit the gas just to move it, it wants to stall out. It won't rev, and just falls on its face.

I'm getting very upset with the car, and I would like to take it to the beach in april, so this has GOT to be fixed so that I can finish up the interior and clean it up real REAL good.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
dude i know where your coming from.. i just did some new injectors and had to pull the blower and cleaned the intercooler and put it all back together and started it up and had the exact same thing going on.. already had a new fuel filter, just did new plugs (which that same plug had rust on it, for some reason on every car that one gets rusted).. even my msd rpm window switch was messed up, the rpms were reading about a 1000 higher than it should.. the main concern i have is it has leaned my car out as well and is reading 16.5 and higher at idle, and it should be around 14.5-15.0... if i find a reason for it ill let you know for sure.... the other thing i saw was alot of moisture on top of the valves when i had the blower off.. so i wonder if when we have are car sitting for awhile in the winter it gets all that water and i just takes awhile to burn off and is causing a rough idle..

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I have no idea. Its sitting in the heated garage with a blanket over it warming up. I'm going to try my stock spark plugs in it, and I emailed rick and amazon. This is really REALLY irritating me. I'm hoping to pick up some used coil packs off this forum. Surely someone has two that are good, just laying around......DA^N CARS.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
i was looking for some weapon xcop and hope that would help but who knows it could just be a waste of money.. im not sure how you can test cop to make sure they are working right...

heywaitfourme

Established Member
Alright, I do believe I going to run my car over with my quad. Does anyone know how to check and see if the head gasket is blown, without taking the damn heads off of the car? I have some fluid on my #8 cyl and I'm not sure what it is. I also have a huge puddle of crap coming out of my exhaust pipes, and since I run watter wetter and distilled water, I have no idea where it's coming from. Is it just condensation, or am I blowing coolant. I have heat, lots of heat inside the cab from the heater, so I don't think it is the head gasket.

ARG...Guess I'll just order that wideband now instead of after the whipple sells.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
its probably just condensation.. when i did my injectors and having the kb you have to remove the blower.. well when i was in there i cleaned everything and noticed almost a 1/4 oz or so of water on top of the valves... when i started my car it also blew alot of water out the exhaust and took a few before it was all done...

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I'm goin to take the charger back off and see if i didn't miss anything. I have added roughly 2 gallons of distilled water to my ice box and I have NEVER had to do that. I think I could have missed something or pinched a gasket. This time I'll use some permatex on everything, weather there is a gasket there or not.

I'll keep this updated....cuz frankly....I'm frustrated and PI$$ED. I was supposed to go buy a stuntbike this weekend, but this car has me so frustrated that I don't want to spend any cash until I figure it out.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
yea, That was the first thing I checked. I had my laptop out there going thru them with the manual, and pictures off of this site. I have it ready to take the super charger off....then I'll take the intake manifold off and see if I can find anything. I even put my first eaton tune on it, and the only difference between then and now is long tubes, and it still ran horrible. I was afraid to even rev it. I will be testing and cleaning every sensor that goes back onto the car. I'll keep everyone updated.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
Thanks shelby guy. I'm currently in the process of reinstalling the supercharger and double checking everything. This is the first time I've had the car started in 3 months. I'll run a leak down test as soon as I get the car back together, along with a compression test.

Users who are viewing this thread