Rough and high idle with eaton swapped Cobra

hotcobra03

Established Member
Have you read thru pin test H fuel control?

All about o2 sensor codes.

1 sensor may have as many as 8 codes.
Each telling what happened to set it.

Be a step ahead of your mechanic

agent-orange

Established Member
Not yet, I will do this when I get my car back.

My mechanic called me today, that he is not able to help. The car is to new for him and he doenst have all the necessary tools & knowledge to help me. Seems that I have to bring it back to my old mechanic, which replace my clutch, flywheel etc...

Is it possible to do some logging with my SCT tuner? If yes, what do I have to log? I've done that before for the tuning, but the the tuner gave me a config file for it that I just had to load.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Open that link and read. Easy.

135/155

O2 heater curuit

Passenger side front and rear.

Heater has positive and negative

If fuse was blown you would have all 4 sensors giving a code

Here it’s the positive or negative in that harness that’s been effected

Harness can be easily removed and bench checked.

agent-orange

Established Member
Isnt P0135 & P0155 just for the upstream o2-sensors?

P0135 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-11) During testing the HO2S Heaters are checked for opens/shorts and excessive current draw. The test fails when current draw exceeds a calibrated limit and/or an open or short is detected. Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S.

Possible Causes: Water in harness connector.
Open VPWR circuit.
Open GND circuit.
Low battery voltage.
Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring Damaged
HO2S heater.
Damaged PCM.
Diagnostic Aides: Wiring. Damaged HO2S heater. Damaged PCM

I will unplug one of the O2 sensor and measure the voltage of the VPWR pin.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Isnt P0135 & P0155 just for the upstream o2-sensors?

P0135 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Malfunction (HO2S-11) During testing the HO2S Heaters are checked for opens/shorts and excessive current draw. The test fails when current draw exceeds a calibrated limit and/or an open or short is detected. Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S.

Possible Causes: Water in harness connector.
Open VPWR circuit.
Open GND circuit.
Low battery voltage.
Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring Damaged
HO2S heater.
Damaged PCM.
Diagnostic Aides: Wiring. Damaged HO2S heater. Damaged PCM

I will unplug one of the O2 sensor and measure the voltage of the VPWR pin.

Ho2s-11. Passenger front

Po155.

Ho2s-21. Passenger rear.

Pinpoint test will tell you where to probe what wire.

Wiring diagrams will also show you where connection and connector views of pin layout.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Home

Our manual is in here.

Full version download for pc/laptop

Doesn’t work for cell.

That’s why I use chiltons link in

It’s just so much easier in our full version to navigate

agent-orange

Established Member
I've read the pin point test, I will try to do that at the weekend. But something came in my mind, if the the front and read sensor isn't working, shouldnt the CEL light up on the dash?

agent-orange

Established Member
So I worked a bit on my Cobra yesterday and this morning. I wasn't able to do the pin-point tests so far, but I will do that this afternoon or tomorrow. But I did the smoke test and I have no vacuum leak or I didn't see any smoke coming from the engine. But when I blew the smoke into the engine, I blew into PCV hose port on the CAI, the RPMs went down as soon as I blew air into the engine. Does that mean, that my car get to less air from the CAI or is my MAF not working correctly? I replaced it with a new one, so I cannot be the MAF itself. Or is it my tune?

EDIT: Arghhhh I probably found the problem. As I mentioned before, I always thought I had the 01 stock MAF installed. But that isnt the case, the 03 stock MAF is installed. I told my tuner also that the 01 stock MAF was installed, so I guess the tune wont work correctly :-S

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you running the 90mm MAF or the 03 MAF in the 80mm housing. It could mess up some trims.

For future reference the smoke test is done with the engine off.

agent-orange

Established Member
Are you running the 90mm MAF or the 03 MAF in the 80mm housing. It could mess up some trims.

For future reference the smoke test is done with the engine off.

First I did the smoke test while the engine was off and then while it was running. But in both cases I didnt see any smoke coming out.

I'm currently running the 90mm MAF, but I told my tuner I'm running the 01 Stock 80mm MAF.

Anybody knows a good company which is offering remote tuning? I got my tunes from Eric Brooks Speed Tuning but it seems he closed his shop, cause the website isn't reachable anymore.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
First I did the smoke test while the engine was off and then while it was running. But in both cases I didnt see any smoke coming out.

I'm currently running the 90mm MAF, but I told my tuner I'm running the 01 Stock 80mm MAF.

Anybody knows a good company which is offering remote tuning? I got my tunes from Eric Brooks Speed Tuning but it seems he closed his shop, cause the website isn't reachable anymore.
Yeah, your transfer is probably way off. I think 04sleeper and MalcolmV8 tune with SCT. I think you'd be happy with either.

agent-orange

Established Member
So I got a new tune and now it's running smooth again. The idle problems are gone now, but I think that was related to the IAC. I didnt see that I have an adjustable IAC, after I adjusted the IAC screw it's running smooth again at 1000rpms.

Users who are viewing this thread