ROTORS: Brembo or Baer??

SONICBOOST

Established Member
i want to buy some new rotors (cross-drilled/slotted) for the Cobra but i dont know which ones to go with?? I like the looks of both but any words/opinions on which ones are better? Also any pictures would be great too!! :coolman: Did a search but couldnt find anything.

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
I like these EradiSpeed Plus
ES+.jpg

A little pricey but very nice!

Last edited:

hatsharpener

Established Member
I wouldn't go for the cross-drilled. Just get slotted if you want something better. You can get a set of 4 brembo slotted (and coated) for our cars for under $250.

SONICBOOST

Established Member
hatsharpener said:
I wouldn't go for the cross-drilled. Just get slotted if you want something better. You can get a set of 4 brembo slotted (and coated) for our cars for under $250.

Could you lead to me them???? LOL :thumbsup:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'd go with the Baer units just because they would likely have a more direct customer support base. If you get the 2 piece units, they are also lighter than the Brembo's.

Wiked03

Established Member
hatsharpener said:

Where?

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
The Evil 1 said:
brembos are the best in brakes.

I have seen the BEAR 6-piston units & they offer much more brake torque then the 4-piston Brembos could ever produce. :rockon: Brembo's have a good name & they are good brakes. But for the ultimate setup I don't think you can match the BAER 6-piston race or street caliper... :bowdown:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
more pistons do not apply more force to the pad. quite the opposite. they increase the surface area while the pressure behind them stayed the same so they actually apply less pressure.

what they do is apply it more evenly so the pad doesnt taper from the trailing edge to the leading edge.

if you want to apply more force at the caliper end, then you need to increase the piston size in the master cylinder.

baer is hardly "ultimate" when they're just slapping their name on pbr and ap stuff.

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
what they do is apply it more evenly so the pad doesnt taper from the trailing edge to the leading edge.

if you want to apply more force at the caliper end, then you need to increase the piston size in the master cylinder.

Very TRUE!

Users who are viewing this thread