Rotor Rust?

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Anyone else having issues with thier rotors rusting? Its really starting to look noticable, and I can't have that. I was suprised how bad they are starting to look, and suprised they rusted like that............anyone else having this issue?

What is a good front and back rotor replacement that won't break the bank?

Thanks

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
just go drive around the block and the rust will be gone, unless your not talking about where the pad meets the rotor.

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
I paint them with high heat silver paint. I was having my caliper change so i did not have time to mask and spray, so i used a brush. Spray the paint in a cup and used a brush. super nice job

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
are you talking about the actual face of the rotor or the hat ( spot that covers the hubs ). If its the hat, thats normal and happens with exposure to the elements. It can be painted to look much cleaner.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
are you talking about the actual face of the rotor or the hat ( spot that covers the hubs ). If its the hat, thats normal and happens with exposure to the elements. It can be painted to look much cleaner.

The actual face.

Juruense

Banned
If the brakes are working properly and are in good condition the braking surfaces will clean themselves.

I use high temp silver on the hats. I just recently re-painted my rotors and they look awesome.

wlg101190

Established Member
Well when it rains, and I don't dry them off by driving, or just let the car sit for a bit, it rusts on the face. I then go drive for like 5 minutes and it's completely gone.

Users who are viewing this thread