Rotor recommendations

whiplash920

Established Member
Looking for rear rotors right now, but fronts in the near future. Car is currently about 700 rwhp and mainly a weekend warrior...mostly spirited cruising, drag strip 6-8 times a year. Havent been road racing yet but i would like to...maybe 1-2 times a year.

Still have the stock rear rotors, but upgraded hawk hps pads. What rotors would be recommended here for what i have hp-wise and use (will use) the car for? Dont want complete overkill, but something appropriate. Was planning on keeping the pads since they only have about 500 miles on them. Thanks!

shelby2

Established Member
Have the Bear Eradaspeed 14" 2pc rotors love them! Keep an eye out on Shelby's EBay site, you can get a set (open box) for like 1/2 price.
Mark

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
DBA, just decide what level you need/ afford.

+1 for DBA (Disc Brakes Australia), 4000 series rotors for high performance street/strip and 5000 series rotors for road course. They work great with Hawk HPS pads... that's the combination I have used for six years.

ponyboy96

Established Member
Stock would probably be fine honestly. You aren't doing a lot of road course stuff so stock is fine. Anything else would really be overkill. I haven't ran the hawk pads on the Shelby, but I went back with the stockers again and I do go to the track a couple times per year and have never had brake issues.

barspen

Established Member
I run StopTech rotors up front and Centric 13.8" (13-14 size) on the rear with Hawk HPS 5.0 pads. Works great on the road and track, but May move to a more aggressive dedicated track pad for the next outing.

whiplash920

Established Member
Imatk, I dont know much about these rotors...where did you get them and are they an upgrade from stock?

Last edited:

Imatk

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread