rotor questions

triplethreat

I jsut replaced my rotors w/ drilled and slotted ones, so I am wanting to sell them to my buddy and he has stock gt calipers. will the stock gt calipers work with stock cobra rotors? If not does he need an adapter bracket? if so where would he get one?

Thanks Donovan

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I don't think so. For starters, the size of the rotor diameter is different. Also, I know that the GT has thicker pads than the Cobra, so the rotor may be a different thickness as well. He could try it I guess unless you'd screw him and not give him his money back if it doesn't work.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
There really isn't anything all that special about the rotors, other than the size. If you are handy you could fab some extension brackets to make it fit.

triplethreat

i was wondering if there is a bracket already on the market for him. he has a saleen clone and the rotors look so tiny on the car. I had them laying around and he wanted to get them thinking they just bolt right up. I just did want to give them to him and waste his time and money. are the rear rotors on GT and cobras the same? I know they have kits out there that have different brackets to fit brakes like the roush ones.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
i was wondering if there is a bracket already on the market for him. he has a saleen clone and the rotors look so tiny on the car. I had them laying around and he wanted to get them thinking they just bolt right up. I just did want to give them to him and waste his time and money. are the rear rotors on GT and cobras the same? I know they have kits out there that have different brackets to fit brakes like the roush ones.

I believe the back brakes are the same diameter, but again, different thickness for the rotors and pads.

Users who are viewing this thread