Rotor alignment

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Okay, this just started out of the blue and I finally found what it is. On the left rear brake, the caliper brace is contacting the rotor when I turn to the left, decelerate or just cruise at the same speed. However, if I push the clutch in and coast instead of letting the drivetrain slow me down it doesn't contact. Of course when I push the brake pedal in the rotor aligns correctly and doesn't come in contact. I pushed the caliper, via the caliper pistons, all the way inward toward the center of the car and it has plenty of clearance. If I push it toward the outside of the car the rotor will come in contact with the brace(this is with the wheel off). After mounting the wheel it should hold the rotor in place so that the latter statement doesn't happen.

My question is this: Why is the angle of the rotor to caliper brace getting thrown off? Are the axle bearings or something along those lines going and letting the axle move thus letting the wheel and rotor change angle?

It's driving me nuts because I don't want to drive it around and fug up my rotor.

Any input is appreciated. I usually do all the work on my car but I have no idea what is causing this and I hate to drop money to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread