Rota Grid 18x10 fitment on 2011 Mustang

PhillyLS1

Established Member

Com Truise

5.0 Fanatic
Established Member
Thanks for the input. I don't know if they will clear brembos, but I don't have that package.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I don't know if they will clear brembos, but I don't have that package.

The only thing you "may" run into is people giving you a hard time about Jap wheels being on an American car. Not sure why, but I've gotten flack in the past for Rotas.

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
since no one is really answering your question, I will ;-)

i've successfully test fitted 18x9.5 +20 rota grids off fortune auto's time attack Evo and they cleared brembos and looked/fit perfect on the front with -2ish camber. The rear was about a half inch of poke.

so what im saying is +30 all around WILL work as long as you run a small (5mm) slip on spacer on the front and not too fat of a tire on the back.

Post pics once you get em on!

Com Truise

5.0 Fanatic
Established Member

i've successfully test fitted 18x9.5 +20 rota grids off fortune auto's time attack Evo and they cleared brembos and looked/fit perfect on the front with -2ish camber. The rear was about a half inch of poke.

so what im saying is +30 all around WILL work as long as you run a small (5mm) slip on spacer on the front and not too fat of a tire on the back.

Thanks for answering my question. What do you think is too fat of a tire for the rear? I was planning on running maybe 255/45 up front and 275/40 or 285/40 out back.

acrbill

Established Member
I would love to see pics on a Mustang. I came from an S2000 and I loved the shit out of several Rota combos.

ed209

Established Member
in for pics as well. looking to put a set of varstoen 2.2.2's on mine and i know grids are very similar...

Com Truise

5.0 Fanatic
Established Member
in for pics as well. looking to put a set of varstoen 2.2.2's on mine and i know grids are very similar...
Still haven't ordered the wheels yet, but I will post up pics as soon as i get them mounted. I was thinking of going with the 2.2.1's, but just decided rotas would be easier to get a hold of.

I would love to see pics on a Mustang. I came from an S2000 and I loved the shit out of several Rota combos.
S2000's are amazing cars! My brother had an AP1 that he adored hah.

PhillyLS1

Established Member

So a 295 won't fit?

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
So a 295 won't fit?

Not with a 30mm offset. We're running a 43mm offset (Vorshlag 18x10) and the rear is close once you put real tires on it. But if you want "stance" and a poke style wheel with a 245 stretched across it, then the 30mm offset might work.

skulls

Established Member
Bringing up an old thread...I have 19x9.5 +38 rota grids...will they clear the brembos and will there be any poke? I would like to retain as close to stock as possible as my brembo packaged wheels.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Interested in this as well. Trying to find a good offset to fit these wheels with 275's.

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
Bringing up an old thread...I have 19x9.5 +38 rota grids...will they clear the brembos and will there be any poke? I would like to retain as close to stock as possible as my brembo packaged wheels.

I'll be the guinea pig.

19x9.5 +38. They fit with at least 3/8-1/2" clearance. No problem:

HmvXEY2.jpg

Need tires and to set it on ground for poke, but should be around 1/8-1/4" poke.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread