Roots style question

Ford1288

Established Member
So I have been curious for awhile and haven't had much luck on finding info on the web; why aren't there as many kits for the 96-98 cobras for roots style superchargers? KB is the only one I have found and they keep the horsepower super low. A 99 or 01 can strap on the bigger whipples and such but we can't? Shoot me if this is a dumb question but school me real quick.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
the 96-98 heads don't allow for the intake valley intercoolers as 99+ heads do.. that's why in a nutshell. and they're twin screw blowers btw- not roots.

Ford1288

Established Member
the 96-98 heads don't allow for the intake valley intercoolers as 99+ heads do.. that's why in a nutshell. and they're twin screw blowers btw- not roots.

Easy enough I guess, thanks. Has anyone done a conversion to allow the fit of the bigger whipple or KB superchargers? Curious about how much it would cost and if it's realistic to do.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
search "eaton swap" and yes you will have to switch heads, and no your stock internals won't hold long beyond 450rwhp which a 96-98 kenne bell 2.1 will get you to.
do some more research- as this has been asked to death.

Riored95

Established Member
I know the big downfall for 96-98 cars and the KB is that it isn't intercooled either. If you could do a water/air intercooler a lot more of them would be out there.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
from a fellow BAB owner, go turbo /thread

My personal plans are c head swap and upr chromoly k member this year, on3 forward facing turbo kit next year.

Ford1288

Established Member
I'm between a turbo and this idea. Living in CA it's hard to have a fast street legal car without having the hookup. I also want something different than others with my cars, I haven't seen this option around much.

Users who are viewing this thread