Rookie Track Times

NewGuy

Hello all,
I've been itching to take my Cobra out to a drag strip and finally had the opportunity today. Having never done this before, I thought it would be best to sit and watch for a while to familiarize myself with exactly what one is supposed to do at such an event. "How do I tell them I am ready to go?" "How do the starting lights work?" "Where's the bathroom?" You know, all those rookie questions. Anyway, this is an 1/8th mile strip and I was the only one there with a stock car. I guess is was a slow day for them because there were only about 25 cars total. It was "Test and Tune" day. For $50.00 you could make as many runs as you wanted from 9:00am 'til 4:00pm. I made 11 runs total and it wasn't until my 8th run I realized that I had my TC on! Runs 9, 10, & 11 had a whole different feeling in the backend with it off! Long story even longer, I thought I would post my best time to share with you all. Remember, no mods, no drag radials, no experience, no kidding!

TREE SPEED: 0.500
REACTION: 0.806
60: 2.212
MPH: 84.11
660: 8.968

I had a lot of fun, and my times can only get better..... right?

One more note: A nice State Trooper on my way to the track was kind enough to write me up a ticket for not having a front license plate. The fricker pulled me over for that reason only!

Grey03

Established Member
Not bad times. $50 bucks wow!! Test and tune here in Ohio is $7-10 bucks depending upon the night.

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
I went to the local 1/8 mile and paid $15, I ran 6 passes between 6:45pm and 9:45pm and that was with some cool down. Good luck in the future.

NewGuy

Being the first time that I've done this, I didn't realize that $50.00 was expensive for this type of event. Some of you paid way less then half of that! Oh well, chalk another one up for live and learn. And actually even at that price, I have no regrets and had a fun time.

Users who are viewing this thread