rookie seeking advice

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
:-D im new to the L scene but ive got the fever.i traded an 03 SS silverado for my L and it was well worth it. when i got the truck it ran like doo doo. The cats were completely stopped up. So being from ky we can have no cats here, so i cut them off:rockon: . But i hear u lose tq by doing so. true? would this cause my L to backfire when shifting?
To make a long story short im about to order some upgrades. ive already ordered dynatech supermaxx LT's mids and hi flo cats and catback. i want to make it run strong but keep it sensible for a driver. im looking into a 6#er lower pulley and some sort of CAI. maybe a predator tune and some little things like that. im not looking to make a fire breathing monster but id appreciate anyones help in pointing me in the right direction. when is it necessay to upgrade the fuel system? just looking for someone to show me the ropes and get me off to a good start. thanks fellas.

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
thanks alot. i printed that thread the night i signed up and it was extemely helpful. i was just looking for some of your opinions and likes and dislikes about these upgrades. what il benifit from most and whats worth the cash and what isint?

Dusten

Established Member
Well, you will benefit the most from a 6# pulley and a good dyno tune, and new plugs(TR6's). THe stock exhaust is good to like 500HP. Your fuel system is also fine, unless you plan on swapping out blowers.

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
i had a little extra cash and went ahead and ordered the full dynatech exhaust including LT's and hiflow cats and mids with the cat back. i was kinda iffy about the pulley and things right away because there is not a dyno/tuner that i know of anywhere close to me. but the fuel system is what i was really concerned about.

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
and ive already changed the plugs to TR6's about a month ago. would it be necessary to do so again if i were to upgrade in the next couple months?

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
-00SVT- said:
ok thanks for the input. can anyone direct me to the sale/wanted posts?
just click on SVTP on the top left, then go to forums, & finaly click on '' the market''.

203Cree

Established Member
Good call on the Dynatech headers. Very easy install compaired to the Kooks or Bassani, or so I've been told (by someone that's installed all three, and I was there for the Dynatechs, and it was pretty painless).

mikeb82992

Established Member
Dyna tech is good and sounds great...where in KY are you?...I need a tuner and so will you...post if you find...A kit like RPM sells works great...I put the pieces on in stages...using predator and canned tune ran great until I put on the long tubes...still working that out but getting close..have fun

-00SVT-

SILVERSHARK
Established Member
mikeb: i heard alot of good about the dynatech products thats y i went that route. i like o keep my products as close to the same brand as possible so i knoweverything works well together. i live in central ky also. campbellsville to beexact. u? and if i hear anything about a tuner ill let u know. theres a few around but none with a respectible rep. but if no major tuning is needed then it mite be ok. but its just a peace of mind issue for me. wats ur mods?

Users who are viewing this thread