Roller Coaster of Life = new DD

WishIHadSVT

Established Member
Hey,

Had a mishap a few weeks ago and the truck kicked the bucket. My '91 GMC dumped its oil on the interstate and the engine ate itself. Made it to a gas station and found metal shavings on the dipstick. Cost of a new motor, shop it got towed to quoted $1600, which I thought to be high for the quantity and age of these trucks. So, had to get a new vehicle which ideally I wanted to wait until after college and after I have my school loans paid off but I had to. The dealer was awesome and got the truck from the breakdown in no-where alabama to where my folks live in TN and allowed $500 for the truck as a trade-in of sorts. Which I am surprised they even thought about taking the thing let alone that.

So, got another loan from some family that I WILL pay back later along with 7 years of college loans once I graduate in a year and got a '05 Escape. 47k miles, XLT, V6, and super clean interior for a 4 year old car. Looked up the VIN on carfax and got nine hits, so those 9 people (or more -it is CARFAX) were gentle to it.
It's no Mustang, but it's my first 'new' really nice vehicle that's under 150-200k miles. That and I am pumped to be back in a Ford.

here's some pics:
when I first got it.

then:

and then:

I'm thinking of tint but haven't decided whether to match the factory or darker all around. Haha, I can't leave anything alone.

~BILL

Users who are viewing this thread