Rollback odometer readings??

dizzygoat

Established Member
How hard is it to rollback or alter the odometer readings on the lightning?
The reason i ask, is cause im looking at a low low mile 04 but when i ran the carfax it showed inconsistent odometer readings.
Im hoping it was just a misunderstanding somewhere. The only reason im worried is cause on the Fbody camaros theres a way you can stop the odometer from running, and on the newer gtos, you can actually go in and program whatever mileage you want since it is digital.

Thank you, and all input will be appreciated.
Brad

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Ford is a little bit better than GM on the Digital readout. We can't even access them at the dealership we have to send them out to a vendor of Fords.

The only way to stop the mileage from adding up is to cut the VSS signal. The only down fall of this is that the truck would drive like shit with no VSS signal to the HEC and the PCM.

I can run an Oasis and Warranty History Report for you, but it will only show the mileage for repairs done under warranty.

All I would need is the VIN#.

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
You can change the gear ratio in the programmer to some crazy ass # and it will calculate it. Your speedometer will be way off but it will keep the miles down.

dizzygoat

Established Member
hmmmm its an 04 with 9,xxx miles. On one inspection it showed like 9k and then the next it showed like 5k on the next, or i could be wrong about the numbers but regardless one inspection showed like 3-4k miles less than the one prior, if that makes sense....

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
PM the VIN to RIDE THE (Eric) and let him look up the Ford warranty history to see if the cluster was replaced under warranty.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
jerkit.gif

JollyGiant

Established Member
I have had inconsistant mileage numbers on my L due to some inspectors using kilometer readings instead of miles.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Seen whole Dash's replaced before to show incorrect mileage....

Whats it show on the title? It's supposed to have mileage written on it every time the truck changes owners I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread