Roll Races?

doclaw78

Established Member
So tonight went out with some friends in "Mexico" for some fun. Every run from a dig I blew the tires off. So I guess my question is do most terminator owners prefer running from a roll? I had no luck tonight at all. I ran a 06 z-51 vette 2 trans ams pushing 400hp and all threee killed me. maybe I should have started in 2nd? I have the typical 2.8, tune, CAI and cat back set up, running 315/35/17 summitumoes. I think I need to go back to the nittos. Also any advice on how to launch this beast better would be great.

f8lbite04svt

Established Member
how far south is "mexico"?

if you're going from a dig, best thing to do is roll on the gas in 1st and 2nd, then hammer third. you should've had the trans ams by a bus or two

doclaw78

Established Member
how far south is "mexico"?

if you're going from a dig, best thing to do is roll on the gas in 1st and 2nd, then hammer third. you should've had the trans ams by a bus or two

Not so much rolling on the gas I guess:shrug: if I run again w/o D/R I will start in 2nd.

doclaw78

Established Member
ROFL @ This 400HP TA's are no joke and a pullied cobra would have its hands full all day long.

You for sure need a tire if you want to go from a dig in a cobra. My Camaro launched a million times better than my cobra does.

Both T/A's were on slicks, and had a some suspension work.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
starting in 2nd will absolutely kill your take off. Just learn to feather it in first better and get stickier tires...

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
Get u some 315 nitto drag radials I tried to race last night and blowed the tires off as soon as I mashed it down its just a waste at our hp levels to not run on a sticky tire.

mystical

Established Member
starting in 2nd will absolutely kill your take off. Just learn to feather it in first better and get stickier tires...

Get u some 315 nitto drag radials I tried to race last night and blowed the tires off as soon as I mashed it down its just a waste at our hp levels to not run on a sticky tire.

+3, get rid of the crapitomos and get a drag radial.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
After my other post I remembered a race I had a while back. I was in 2nd from a 30 roll by accident, and I lost to a procharged GT that I normally destroy. So if you try it from a dig you will completely suck. Also with stock rearend 2nd will go up to 75-80mph....

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
i watched a 03 cobra with your same mods down here last night get beat 4-6 lengths from a dig. Then from a roll pull the same car 2-3

N20gt

Established Member
ROFL @ This 400HP TA's are no joke and a pullied cobra would have its hands full all day long.

You for sure need a tire if you want to go from a dig in a cobra. My Camaro launched a million times better than my cobra does.

+1 considering most LS1's can run 12's bone stock i'd say 400 whp + the tire and suspension to put it to the ground and a pullied cobra doesn't stand a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread