Established Member
OK - who's in for Badger Bimmer's Octoberfast HPDE next weekend at RA? :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
sfs32vcobra said:
OK - who's in for Badger Bimmer's Octoberfast HPDE next weekend at RA? :beer:

Scott:

Unfortunately I won't be participating this next weekend. Although I "almost" made it. I'm busy Friday and Saturday but if the weather is decent, I may come up with the GT500 on Sunday!?!:pepper: Should I put some numbers on it!?!? :lol:

I like visiting friends at the track even if I'm not participating! :-D A helmet will come along with me just in case!?! Maybe a nephew or two will come with?

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

b4409

Established Member
Scott,

When does the train leave town? And no Ringmaster? What? Damn, who's gonna show us the line?

Bruce B

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
I'm gonna leave the Mossville complex around noon on Thursday.

We haven't heard from Flying Fred yet - maybe he'll be around and can school us...

Scott

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
bb

Its a cool morning here today. We are well represented but there are many many Z06's. We have alot of meetings to go to. Will keep you updated. Scott

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Today I took a nice drive up to Road America to see the boys run. Caught a ride with Scott Schaffer. Hope the tips helped?

Rode with Bruce to burn up his remaining two gallons of fuel in his fuel cell! Damn Doood, bring more fuel next time! :poke: This aint Blackhawk! ;-)

Got to Fred's car just in time to find out the trans was giving them trouble. :( Hope it's something cheap and easy Fred?!

I heard Scott Martin had some issues with the car? I think Fred said they left Saturday? Scott, I hope it's also cheap and easy for you as well?

Dan and Anita looked like they were having a good time? But Dan complained he was getting slower? Or maybe Anita is getting faster? ;-) Time for a Cobra "R" Dan to level the playing field! :-D

Rain started slowly and then I left a little early. Hope everyone (especially Bruce B.) made it home safe and sound.

It was great seeing everyone!

Looks like the Shelby's Road America debut will be F-Body in October? :pepper:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ddl6289

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Dan and Anita looked like they were having a good time? But Dan complained he was getting slower? Or maybe Anita is getting faster? ;-) Time for a Cobra "R" Dan to level the playing field! :-D

Bruce,

I think you've evaluated the situation very accurately. :cryying:

Anita's definately getting faster. Our official timing device (Our son, Nathan) clocked her best time at 2:35. Not only was she (considerably faster) than me but she was faster many Z06s. When those drivers realized that a woman was faster, you should have heard the excuses :bs:

I don't know what's better: A Cobra (you) spanking a Z06 or a woman in a Z06 beating a man in a Z06.

Looking forward to seeing you and your Shelby out on the track at F-body.

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
Thanks!!!

Bruce - thanks a lot for the tips on RA. In spite of my limited ability to hear you due to my POS communicator, I gained a lot from your coaching. I want a refresher course next year after I get a Chatterbox! :beer:

Scott

Cobra-R

Established Member
ddl6289 said:
Anita's definately getting faster. Our official timing device (Our son, Nathan) clocked her best time at 2:35. Not only was she (considerably faster) than me but she was faster many Z06s. When those drivers realized that a woman was faster, you should have heard the excuses

Holy buckets, a 2:35 is smoking!!!!!!!!!

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
It was great to see people at RA last weekend. Ted tried to talk Bruce into letting him drive the Shelby on track, but couldn't persuade him! Ted and I spanked my car for roughly 600 miles (and over 80 gallons of gas) before it "broke". Actually, I thought of the potential reason this morning. Every gear seems fine except 5th (though reverse is a bit hard), so I bet the bolt (stop) in the Tri-Ax shifter came loose again and is blocking it from going to 5th. This happened with other gears twice before. Ted and I feel so stupid for not checking that out on Sunday. Maybe we were fatigued from all the driving???

Dan, I agree that Anita has been very impressive in her car.... but to be fair you should tell everyone what that car has in it. (Hint: Not a stock Z). You looked pretty good as well. Are you guys going to Gingerman???

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
sfs32vcobra said:
I want a refresher course next year after I get a Chatterbox! :beer:

Scott
I have three - all pretty much brand new. If you want to buy one at a reasonable price, contact me!

b4409

Established Member
Bruce - I burned about 75 gal, unfortunately didn't have much left in it when you showed up. I was hoping to go early to make sure my crashed tow vehicle would keep the bumper attached. Plus, keeping up with Scott's F350 is a WOT thrash that I wasn't sure the old girl felt up to. Everything worked OK. Note to self: don't late brake a 1/4 ton truck attached to a 10,000lb trailer!!

Great to see the rest of you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread