Roll Bar

elyrain

Established Member
So now that I know what's wrong with my engine and it's getting fixed soon. (timing chain tensioner) It's back to the original plan to spray it. I'm thinking of running about a 150 shot or so, maybe 200. But that should be me into the 11's if I can row fast enough. So I'm going to need a roll bar.

I'm looking for a website or information that would make my car legal to run down in the 11's or so. It's a vert BTW. I need to know exact the specs of the tubing as well as clearance like how much higher then the seat, ect. I'm going to get the tubing bent and I can weld/fab the rest. I just want it to be very clean looking, unlike most I see out there. I'm thinking of running the main hoop down into the side panles where the b pillar would be. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm also toying with the idea of fiberglassing the top of the main hoop to look like a light bar.

scottyremix

mario rapes princess
Established Member
you know instead of trying to get all of this done custom, marbe you should try and get a pre fabbed one with qualifying specs on it and you would still be able to weld it in yourself. probably would save you some money and you wouldnt have to bend over backwards to try and get a certified setup jmo take it for what you want

elyrain

Established Member
Yeah I've been on the fence with that also. But I'm exploring both routes. Getting the tubing and doing the fab work is not a concern of mine, but building it correctly the first time is.

The thing is that my car has dynamatt where a normal autopower roll bar would be welded to the frame. So I'd have to bolt it on if I went that route.

Users who are viewing this thread