Rocks in the body

Nickoli

Established Member
I always cringe when I hear the tires throwing pebbles up. Today I was waxing my car and a few rocks came out when I bumped the rocker panel. So I bumped it a few more times and I can't believe how many rocks came out! It's like a damn bag of rocks in there. I think I will try to get as many out as I can with a vacuum then maybe tape up the seam where they get in.

520E5562-0C35-45D4-9F36-FFCBD3AF34FA-1989-000000F3DB825D21_zps1fcede96.jpg

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Novel way of weight reduction there....

Seriously though, how annoying! Post a pic of the seem so I can block mine when it arrives.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
When I installed my side splitters, lots of dirt and rocks came out. The splitters block a lot of that now

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
If you have to remove the rear bumper cover you will find the same thing. After 2600 miles, mine had enough to fill 2 milk jugs. It was all sitting on top of the square safety bumper section. I have wide sticky tires so that probably makes it worse too.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Also, when I was detailing my car I removed the wheel well liner, and filled 1/2 a coffee can full of rocks.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
To the OP, I know what you mean. That's why I installed the Roush Side Splitters. Keeps the rocks off the paint and from collecting in the skirts.
2013 - Shelby Roush Side Splitters - nowplaying's Photos

Those look great, I plan on doing this mod.
How did the rears fit? Any close-ups of rears?
Supposedly Roush redesigned the rears for the newer Mustang rears, I was hoping they fit well, looks like they do but hard to see well.
Thanks, J

nowplaying

HP Noob
Established Member
The rear splitters require drilling holes for the mounting screws. I also had to trim some of the plastic off the splitter to make it fit flush due to it hitting the rear plastic valiance. I'll try to post some close up pictures tonight.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The rear splitters require drilling holes for the mounting screws. I also had to trim some of the plastic off the splitter to make it fit flush due to it hitting the rear plastic valiance. I'll try to post some close up pictures tonight.

Where did you order them from and how long ago?
Thanks, look forward to seeing pics.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread