Rockers getting trashed

mullens

Established Member
Just as I feared, my rockers and the area underneath the side stripes is getting trashed by rock chips. Why Ford decided to paint them I'll never know. Has anyone done anything to lessen this? I know it's partly because the goodyears are rock magnets but it's really starting to look bad.

Last edited:

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I had XPEL put on them and so far so good. jaeger guards here too.

Last edited:

Kapy

Established Member
Just as I feared, my rockers and the area underneath the side stripes is getting trashed by rock chips. Why Ford decided to paint them I'll never know. Has anyone done anything to lessen this? I know it's partly because the goodyears are rock magnets but it's really starting to look bad.

Xpel would have been the answer.

Put it on early in the life of my GT500 and have no issues.

Have them repainted and make sure to cover up with xpel ultimate.

Upheval

American Muscle Lover
Established Member
Thanks guys for the info! I will be doing this when I get back to the house.

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
i would think the 3M defender spray film would be absolutely perfect for protecting the paint on the rockers... looks like if you tape off the area correctly you would see no lines or anything. then if it gets trashed, just peel it off and do again. cheap $44 safeguard.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I did the Roush side and rear splitters as well. In addition to the potential to deflect some debris, I think they finish the look and flow of the car off and make it more balanced. :beer:

USV8PWR

Established Member
I did the Roush side and rear splitters as well. In addition to the potential to deflect some debris, I think they finish the look and flow of the car off and make it more balanced. :beer:

Any drilling required on the Roush side and rear splitters? OP...I have the Jaegar splash guards.

Users who are viewing this thread