Rockers----Cam combo question?

scottm302

Established Member
1. Does the 93 cobra have 1.7 rockers
2. If so, will running an E cam with these rockers cause problems, or do I need to step down to 1.6 rockers, or possibly go with a diff cam
--
I am running an AOD with a stall converter, currently have E cam and what i believe to be stock rockers. I have the motor out of the car at this point and would like to head off any problems at the pass.

thanks

Last edited:

dannyboy76

93 teal black cloth #2853
Established Member
you have an aod in your cobra? yes the cobra has roller 1.7 aluminum rockers, but if your car has a aod it may not even have the right engine in it anyway. but yes the ecam will work.

scottm302

Established Member
if not having the right engine means a 306 then no, it does not have the "right" engine in it.

The previous owner put an aod in it........which i prefer...... but I am aware that cobras did not come with and aod...

not trying to sound snippy, but I have been hearing that alot....I can't ask for help without someone calling me on it :shrug: .

Oh well, I like it and thats all that matters...right?
--
But I really do appreciate your help. I was worried I might run into problems with that combo, but it is good to hear that it should be ok.

but now that I think of it I have not removed the valve covers yet, so if it does not have roller rockers......then i will know for sure that something is up.

I have verified the GT on the heads though, so thats comforting.

Oh, and extra good news.....I received my SVT certificate in the mail today :pepper: .

Well I am off to seperate a Cobra from its motor. :bash:

scottm302

Established Member
well, i got the motor out, removed the valve covers....roller rockers are there and all! Time to start disassembleing. I will keep you guys posted

SVT1993

Established Member
scottm302 said:
not trying to sound snippy, but I have been hearing that alot....I can't ask for help without someone calling me on it :shrug: .

Other sites maybe, but most people here don't care what you do to your car. People will always question what they think they know to be true (no cobras came with AOD).

You will find lots of courtesy help here. :thumbsup:

scottm302

Established Member
yeah, i wasn't trying to be defensive, it just came out. I feel kind of bad now. I have already gotten plenty of useful info from most of the people here and hope to be able to help out a few people myself.

But on a happy note, should have the motor completely torn down tonight and in a machine shop next day or so!

Users who are viewing this thread