Rocker Panels & Bendpak Quick Jack

imeyers302

Established Member
If you are thinking of purchasing a Bendpak Quick Jack, it will not work properly with our cars without minor modificafions. The rubber blocks that it comes with are not stiff enough to support the car without compressing and putting to much pressure on the rocker panels. I called bendpak and there is nothing they can do. They do not offer any solid blocks. Will have to try to fabricate something solid.

Edit: Bendpak is sending me different blocks which should solve the problem.

I love this thing but just wanted people to know that it will damage the rocker panels if you use the standard blocks it comes with.

Last edited:

imeyers302

Established Member
That was a quick fix I think. Ordering 4 magnetic jack pads. Will use those on top of rubber blocks and all should be perfect with no pressure on rocker panels. They will spread the load on the rubber blocks so it does not sink in. Problem solved, I hope.

imeyers302

Established Member
Mine jacks up just fine with the rubber blocks.

Have you left it on there for a few days? I was using the short blocks and noticed that the pinch welds were touching the metal frame of the quick jack. I decided to use the larger blocks and had it up on there for a few days and when I checked I noticed the pinch weld compressed into the rubber enough that the rocker panels had a lot of pressure on it. I could not tell if I did not run my hand along the rocker panels while it was on there.

The jack pads on top of the short rubber blocks will completely eliminate the problem. Maybe I am being over cautious but I do not want to put any pressure whatsoever on the rocker panels.

Last edited:

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Mine jacks up just fine with the rubber blocks.

^^This.

Mine works just fine with the included low or hi rise rubber blocks. No adapters necessary.

Great company to deal with BTW (Quickjack/Bend-Pak). AWESOME customer service.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Have you left it on there for a few days? I was using the short blocks and noticed that the pinch welds were touching the metal frame of the quick jack. I decided to use the larger blocks and had it up on there for a few days and when I checked I noticed the pinch weld compressed into the rubber enough that the rocker panels had a lot of pressure on it. I could not tell if I did not run my hand along the rocker panels while it was on there.

The jack pads on top of the short rubber blocks will completely eliminate the problem. Maybe I am being over cautious but I do not want to put any pressure whatsoever on the rocker panels.

Those rubber blocks are NOT compressing, LOL. Likely you are jacking somewhere you shouldn't, and the metal/floor/pinch weld gave slightly, making it look like the car settled.....

edit: Also, pretty sure you are not supposed to stack adapters like you are describing. Pretty sure they are all mutually exclusive, it is one or another, not combinations of. I'd consult QJ on that, but seems like you are asking for the load to shift, then you'll have a broken jack, broken car, and possibly much worse if you are under it...

Last edited:

imeyers302

Established Member
Those rubber blocks are NOT compressing, LOL. Likely you are jacking somewhere you shouldn't, and the metal/floor/pinch weld gave slightly, making it look like the car settled.....

edit: Also, pretty sure you are not supposed to stack adapters like you are describing. Pretty sure they are all mutually exclusive, it is one or another, not combinations of. I'd consult QJ on that, but seems like you are asking for the load to shift, then you'll have a broken jack, broken car, and possibly much worse if you are under it...

Spoke to Bend Pak. The blocks that came with my lift are the V blocks which I had to use upside down. They are sending me the solid blocks without the V. Also there should be zero issue with the jack pads. They lock onto the pitch weld and give the blocks on the jack a solid piece to lift. Can't see any possible issue. , much bigger surface for the pad to lift vs directly on the pinch weld.

I also got the XL version of the quick jack and the pads are pretty much dead on the factory lift points.

screenshot

Last edited:

MKMotorsport

Established Member
That is an interesting product, however I'm not sure I understand the need? Is that a BendPak accessory? ; it isn't listed on QJ's site.

Didn't even know they make a v-groove block, but makes sense probably for some applications. Also forgot to mention the particular QJ I'm using is a BL-5000SLX, Rev. C- didn't think about that in my initial response; I suppose there might be sizing differences in the jack frames themselves. So yours is the 7k capacity version?

edit: Found it. Completely unnecessary. No commercial jack in any shop or the Ford dealer uses or has those. Just some guys creative product/get rich quick scheme.... LOL.....

Last edited:

imeyers302

Established Member
I have the BL-5000XL. I got it in December about a month before the new SLX models came out. They had a BL-5000 and a BL-5000XL. With the 5000 the max spacing of the blocks was 50.5", with the XL it is 59.7". The main pieces were longer. The jack pads are not sold by bendpak. They are sold by zl1addons.com.

This is not my first rodeo. I know exactly where to jack the car from. I also know the difference between a bent pinch weld and a warped bottom on the rocker panels. Whatever blocks were included with mine are inadequate. There will be zero issues now with the new pads they are sending me plus the jack pads.

imeyers302

Established Member
That is an interesting product, however I'm not sure I understand the need? Is that a BendPak accessory? ; it isn't listed on QJ's site.

edit: Found it. Completely unnecessary. No commercial jack in any shop or the Ford dealer uses or has those. Just some guys creative product/get rich quick scheme.... LOL.....

Why not use them? I for one am glad people are creative enough to come up with something like this. To each his own I guess.

photo sharing sites

imeyers302

Established Member
I am convinced it was the V blocks they sent me. This is what they sent. Should have the solid non v blocks in a couple of days from them. I was using these upside down lengthwise.

post img

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Why not use them? I for one am glad people are creative enough to come up with something like this. To each his own I guess.[/QUOTE=imeyers302;15236121]

Because, the Quickjack works perfectly for our vehicles as delivered, with the parts it comes with. You should almost edit your original post because it is simply false and misleading. At least two of us here (probably more?) are using these with no issues. Your post implies there is an issue with the product, and there isn't.

Again, read these words very carefully; NO shop, oil change place, brake place, tire shop, aftermarket shop, or Ford themselves uses the product you posted; they just don't, as it is completely unnecessary.

My guess is those will mark up the paint on the actual sheetmetal of your vehicles body as there will be some metal on metal contact, no matter what... I see the plastic things in the bottom, but that isn't the problem... the edges and topside will do plenty of damage more than likely. I would not use that on my own vehicle.

"to each their own" as you state though...

The Quickjack is a great product that works exactly as advertised and as delivered. It will NOT damage your rocker moldings when used correctly. I will snap a pic or two of my car up on it next time I'm working on it.

And NO I'm not affiliated or associated with QJ in any way.

hand-filer

Established Member
The Quickjack is a great product that works exactly as advertised and as delivered. It will NOT damage your rocker moldings when used correctly. I will snap a pic or two of my car up on it next time I'm working on it.

Thanks for clarifying. I've been considering a set of these.

Last edited:

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Thanks for clarifying. I've been considering one of these.

Yep, no worries. Here is the car up on the Quickjack using only the supplied hardware. No rocker panels were harmed in the lifting of this vehicle :D

IMG_20160310_172632074_HDR_zpsihah2soj.jpg

imeyers302

Established Member
Yep, no worries. Here is the car up on the Quickjack using only the supplied hardware. No rocker panels were harmed in the lifting of this vehicle :D

View attachment 62839

Do you have the same blocks in the picture above or do you have the solid blocks with no v in it? In every single picture I see online none of them have these v blocks that were included in mine. Don't know why they were sent and not the solid ones.

And as far as "Again, read these words very carefully; NO shop, oil change place, brake place, tire shop, aftermarket shop, or Ford themselves uses the product you posted; they just don't, as it is completely unnecessary".

While that may be true I have not seen one of those places use a quick jack either, and believe me there are plenty of shops that have damaged pinch welds before. My post was not to mislead anyone. I had a legitimate problem with it. I can take a picture where the pitch weld actually split the large rubber blocks slightly. Even bendpak agreed that the v blocks that were included with mine may be the wrong ones for this application.

As far as bendpak there customer service has been nothing short of exemplary. Sent me a new control unit no questions asked because the first on had a slight leak.

Last edited:

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Do you have the same blocks in the picture above or do you have the solid blocks with no v in it? In every single picture I see online none of them have these v blocks that were included in mine. Don't know why they were sent and not the solid ones.

Completely solid (both the low and high blocks). I could see how the v-blocks, especially inverted would spread out under load.

You should be good to go with the solid blocks. Enjoy your Quickjack, sure beats having the car propped up on some pot metal, Chinese jackstands!

imeyers302

Established Member
Completely solid (both the low and high blocks). I could see how the v-blocks, especially inverted would spread out under load.

You should be good to go with the solid blocks. Enjoy your Quickjack, sure beats having the car propped up on some pot metal, Chinese jackstands!

Definitely. I really do love the quick jack. So much better than jackstands. Was just real frustrated that they sent me the wrong blocks and will admit I did not know enough about the thing to realize they sent the wrong blocks. I am sure the solid blocks will be fine. I probably won't need the jack pads now but it won't be the first time I bought something for this car that I really did not need out of frustration.

cheeser

Established Member
Just for clarification as I am looking at the quick jack, but do you simply lift with the quick jack solid rubber blocks placed under the pinch weld jacking points? I was concerned that it would deform the pinch weld area.

i have the magnetic adapter as illustrated in this post that I am currently using with my floor jack.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Just for clarification as I am looking at the quick jack, but do you simply lift with the quick jack solid rubber blocks placed under the pinch weld jacking points? I was concerned that it would deform the pinch weld area.

i have the magnetic adapter as illustrated in this post that I am currently using with my floor jack.

Personally I don't lift mine on the pinch welds, I think it is bad ju-ju on a unibody car... In the pic I posted mine is not on the pinch welds. YMMV, my .02, etc, etc....

Hence my argument why that pinch weld adapter thing is completely unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread